Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Android 4.2.2 JellyBean update released for Sony Xperia Z

Android 4.2.2 JellyBean update released for Sony Xperia Z

I am using Sony Xperia Z from last 3 months and this phone is really incredible in the terms of hardware and looks. I have heard that Sony will be releasing some upgrade for his flagship of Sony Xperia Z, so I am posting here to get some details or information about new upgrade for my Sony Xperia Z.

Please reply me soon as I am desperately waiting for your replies guys.

Re: Android 4.2.2 JellyBean update released for Sony Xperia Z

Good news for Sony Xperia Z owners, Sony Xperia Z will be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean soon. Most of the countries has already got this latest updates by Sony and soon will be reaching India. It was quite obvious that Sony Xperia ZL got the update of Android 4.2.2 then Sony Xperia Z will not be barred with this update. Firmware version number of this update is 10.3.A.0.423 and most of the LTE version phones have already got the update in some places. So all we have to do is to wait for the official announcement for the release of this update in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehimay View Post
    Good news for Sony Xperia Z owners, Sony Xperia Z will be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean soon. Most of the countries has already got this latest updates by Sony and soon will be reaching India.
    Thanks for the information guys and this is really superb news but only problem is that India will get this update very late. What all upgrades and changes will this upgrade can make in my Sony Xperia Z, means I need to know what improvement or advancement this firmware upgrade will bring on to my phone?

With the new update there will be lots of features which will be available in you Sony Xperia Z. Update varies with network carrier service and so this update is not released worldwide. Sony has to keep in mind that not all countries have same network or service provided and so Sony has released this update in some countries and some are still in progress.

You will be getting new lock screen, new widgets, customization of menu and navigation, advanced Sony media apps and lot more improvement in security apps which will really enhance the functionality of your phone and as well as touch interface of your phone.

Hey guys, i think you all are missing something. For all you Xperia Z users there is a good news. Sony has already released the firmware for Indian Users as well and it has reached several devices through OTA updates. The firmware version is 10.3.A.0.423 (Android 4.2.2). Installation can be done Over-the-Air as well as through PC Companion. With the new Android 4.2 update, we have got several new features and improvements including widgets, DualShock 3 wireless controller support, new widgets for lock screen and more. You can see a small preview in the image below on one of our users Xperia Z upgraded to the latest Firmware today itself:

We will soon post the complete features list of Firmware v10.3.A.0.423. Check back soon. Until then you can read more about this update here.

Wow, that's really a great news buddy, thanks for sharing. But why didn't i received the update notification so far?