Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: YouTube is planning to release paid subscription

YouTube is planning to release paid subscription

YouTube is finally planning to release some kind of paid subscription for its users. It is not officially announced but soon there will be news on the same. Now if you want to view some top or sponsored videos then you have to buy the subscription. This is really not good news.

The charges expected could be around $1.99 per month. I think YouTube is going to restrict ample of video content and forcing the users to go for paid option. This is simply not great. YouTube is a free service from long time how can they charge people.

Re: YouTube is planning to release paid subscription

YouTube is not going to block everything here. Some channels and videos will be only provided under subscription while ample of things will be free as it is until now. The subscription stuffs indeed not a good news. It is just like Facebook when there were rumors that Facebook will be going to charge people. But those were rumors. And about YouTube the news is true. The subscription will provide users more access to top channels and videos while this will be not available under free account.

Quote Originally Posted by SachinG View Post
    The charges expected could be around $1.99 per month. I think YouTube is going to restrict ample of video content and forcing the users to go for paid option. This is simply not great. YouTube is a free service from long time how can they charge people.
    The service is going commercial here. It is just another way of making money. I was wondering why YouTube took so long time of announcing the paid stuff. And slowly ample of thing will go behind the subscription.

I am really not happy with the news. The amount mentioned is not high but still as they were giving everything free and suddenly started charging on the same. What more things will be provided under the subscribed account? Is there any video upload limitation also?

I was also checking out the same. Right now YouTube does not pose any limitation on video upload. We can upload as much as we want. But after introducing paid account, I am definitely sure that YouTube will be charging the channels also.

There are ample of people who are running various channels on YouTube and getting a good amount of views also. There is quiet little information available under the subscription scheme. I hope YouTube will not block ample of exclusive content.

They will definitely do that. There are some popular channels which are already paying before YouTube use to sell license only. You can buy a commercial license for your channel if you are using the videos for business purpose. But adding everything under a locked account is not a good idea here. I think channels like VEVO will be also locked. Slowly I am sure many of the highest viewed videos will be locked behind the account not visible for free at all.