Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Custom ROM on HTC One X

How to install Custom ROM on HTC One X

In this article I am going to provide you a detailed tutorial of installing custom rom on HTC One X. I am targeting around four to five most popular Custom ROMs available at the moment for HTC One X. Right now with the factory OS you get HTC Sense which another awesome Android UI available on HTC Smartphones so far. By adding the Custom ROM you will get several new changes and add-on feature. This does not mean that HTC Sense will be removed.

Some ROM size exceeds 500MB that simply states that these are bloatware, but as HTC One X is a Quad Core device you do not need to worry about the performance. First check the glimpse of all popular ROMs available below. You will need to begin with the Rooting process here. I had given you the link of rooting guide separately below. I hope you follow the steps properly.

If your device is rooted then you can move ahead with the Custom Rom installation process. It is necessary that you backup your data before doing that. I am giving you quick links of all guides that allows you to install custom ROM one by one in HTC One X:

Re: How to install Custom ROM on HTC One X

Thanks for those resources. I just installed CyanogenMod and found the features great 10. According to me this one is the best custom rom available for HTC One X. It works fine and it is really very lightweight in usage. I am going to use this for few months and then I am planning to install Venom Viper. I will use CyanogenMod 10 until there is no bug. I checked on web for the bugs and found the issue lies with HDMI. After installing CyanogenMod 10 the HDMI out will not work. You can ignore that if you are not connecting the device with TV or monitor.

Thank you very much for such a great article MegaTron. I installed Clean ROM 5.1 but getting bit problem with the battery. I thought the issue was with the custom rom. First the battery drains really fast. I disabled some features. I performed the installation back again and enable power saving feature. The issue is resolved. There is no problem at all. Things are working fine know.

Clean ROM looks cooler. First I was going for CyanogenMod but as mentioned that HDMI out will not work I ignored that. I am using the HTC Media Link device.

The most known issue after installing Custom ROMs is battery drain, beats audio stopped working and hdmi out. These are just common bugs. While we all are aware that these roms does not has any kind of technical support. While compare to that what you have official in the phone works fine. So it is better you to root your device on your risk. It will be bit complicated to make everything work here.