Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Is HTC One X+ going to get Jelly Bean 4.2.2 & Sense 5 updates

Is HTC One X+ going to get Jelly Bean 4.2.2 & Sense 5 updates

I am having a HTC One X+ and would like to know if it is going to get any further updates? As many devices are getting Android 4.2 Jb updated like Galaxy S4 already released with the same and there are many devices in the queue which will soon get this over OTA. I tried to find the updates on web for my phone but to me it appears like HTC is officially not interested on the same.

Right now the phone features a 4.1 Jellybean update with Sense 4. And there are no updates available for Jellybean 4.2.2 and Sense 5. Is anyone having information on the same? Even there are no manual updates available that can simply help to get the new features instantly through a custom mod. I hope soon HTC will announce the new 4.2.2 update for the device.

Re: Is HTC One X+ going to get Jelly Bean 4.2.2 & Sense 5 updates

There is no clear information on the same. And I do not think there will be any update. Recently there were some devices which were rumored to come with Android 5.0. But yet no current device in the market is getting any of those fresh updates. The phone was launched long back and till yet there is no indication on the updates or any information that can simply clarify this. I am also waiting for the same. The device has great hardware config and I am sure the latest updates will work great on that. But that must be official.

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    Right now the phone features a 4.1 Jellybean update with Sense 4. And there are no updates available for Jellybean 4.2.2 and Sense 5. Is anyone having information on the same? Even there are no manual updates available that can simply help to get the new features instantly through a custom mod. I hope soon HTC will announce the new 4.2.2 update for the device.
    HTC has launched the new HTC Sense 5 in feb but I don’t know why there is announcement when the update will be delivered on to HTC devices including One X and One X+.

As per the news that I had seen about the launch says that the update will be offered on HTC One X, One X+ & Butterfly. I own One X+ and my friend has HTC Butterfly. I checked the software update section which is empty. I tried to find the download of Sense 5 but yet nothing is provided. Sense 5 is far better compare to Sense 4.

Do you think that HTC is going to give this kind of new updates on new models? Yet there is no new HTC models rumored on web but still I think for that HTC is waiting back. And about Jellybean 2.2 the update must received till now. It would give a bit of more features and more reliability. I am also here eagerly waiting for the HTC Sense 5.

I want to find out the features of the same but yet not able to find anything on the same. There is no official news yet I had seen that can claim the release.

The new HTC Sense 5 is announced but officially it is not distributed due to which ample of users are not happy. You can find the feature list on the official site. And there is no way of manual download here. I just want to know one thing here. Those who had purchased the device like HTC One or One X recently did they got the updated os and touch support. If yes then it is not released for the older devices. I do not think that would be a scenario here. I had seen the specification of new models of HTC One which has Sense 5.0.