Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia planning to launch new Lumia models in May 14th Event

Nokia planning to launch new Lumia models in May 14th Event

If you had missed the news then you can just wait back for May 14 on which Nokia is going to release some new models on the web. They have announced an event named as “May 14th” but there is no word what are they going to unveil.

Most probably the model might be Lumia 920 with an aluminum body. The phone has being released before with wifi charging and plastic body. But this time Nokia is going to re-introduce the phone with new look. The event is termed to held somewhere in London and we might be able to find some more new models releasing in the market. There will be all windows phone based model.

Re: Nokia planning to launch new Lumia models in May 14th Event

I had seen the news. Nokia is going to release the new edition of Lumia 920. I really liked the device. It is a bit durable and smooth in performance also. The phone will have an aluminum body with better durability and lower weight. As per the specs that I found on the news is that the device will feature a 4.5inch display. The processor used inside that will be 1.5 GHz Dual Core CPU. That will simply add more to the performance and the storage is expected around 16GB with 8.7MP camera.

Is there any other model listed. I found some information on a device that will have a 41MP camera. Nokia has recently released a device that has 8.7MP camera. That was not really a great hit but we can expect the new version of this with better upgrades.

Are there any more models which are going to come? I had seen Nokia is not taking any leap towards Android phones. They are more engaged with Windows device only. I hope this time there will be some really fantastic models.

Quote Originally Posted by NokDroid View Post
    Are there any more models which are going to come? I had seen Nokia is not taking any leap towards Android phones. They are more engaged with Windows device only. I hope this time there will be some really fantastic models.
    There are only two devices which will be shown in the event. The first one is Nokia Lumia 920 and the second one is Nokia EOS. The above post has ample of information on 920. It is right that Nokia is simply releasing it back by making some changes in the body.

While the second one which is Nokia EOS will have a better camera. Compare to the older one which is Nokia 808 which has 41MP camera and then it is not repeated in any other model. But I did not find any great changes here. I hope this will have some special benefit over others.

Nokia EOS looks like to be a new edition of 808. It will have a 1GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage and 8.7MP camera. The battery used inside is around 2,000 mAH. I found both the devices a high end phones. But it can be confirmed only when the final product is officially released.

Then it will be easier to find out what this really offers. Today we can see more phablets compare to smart phones. Due to bigger size it is easier to work on them.

So guys, did you got what Nokia was having to launch today? Well they launched today 2 new Lumia Models including Nokia Lumia 925 with 4.5-inch Pure Motion HD+ IPS capacitive display, 8.7MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Autofocus, dual LED flash, 1080p HD video recording at 30fps, 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 1GB of RAM.

The second device to get launched with this was Lumia 928 with same 4.5-inch HD OLED display, 8.7MP PureView camera with Autofocus, dual LED flash powered with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens, 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 1GB of RAM.

Seems like Lumia Series is getting much better.