Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Automatic Switch Off problem on Galaxy Grand after updating firmware OTA update

Automatic Switch Off problem on Galaxy Grand after updating firmware OTA update

Hey guys, I need an urgent help from you guys. Few days ago I received a firmware update on my Galaxy Grand. After installing the same a new problem arise on my phone. It just turns off automatically. I thought first the issue was with some applications. It happens to me before also. After update some incompatible applications causes the phone to reboot or turn off automatically. So I thought resetting the phone will fix the problem. But still the phone switches off on its own several times day.

I tried out several things but nothing helped. When I searched the web I found that there are several people facing the same problem after upgrade. So its obvious the problem with this new Firmware itself. Is there an option available by which I can simply roll back the update back?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: Automatic Switch Off problem on Galaxy Grand after updating firmware OTA update

I am too stuck with that. It is due to that buggy update. Even I had seen ample of people on web complaining about the same. But there is no cure for that. There are no internal settings available by which you can simply restore back to older firmware. I had tried many things here. I had removed some applications, disabled ample of settings and later on I found that the issue was with the OTA Update. Hope somebody here provide us some information about the same. By the way is there any new update going to come soon to fix the problem?

Re: Automatic Switch Off problem on Galaxy Grand after updating firmware OTA update

No there are no indications available about any new updates. The existing one is a bit buggy which is causing the problem. I will recommend you to simply use the phone as it is until you get other updates. There is nothing can be done.

Samsung has just pushed ample of devices to a dead end. In my device the switch off issue is not constant. But it is extremely annoying when I play games and make calls. The phone just turns off at the moment. I hope there will be some fix provided for the same as early as possible.

I fixed that problem after rooting my device. I installed CWM on my phone and then installed the custom rom that fixed the problem. It works just fine and I also got ample of additional features here. I think you must also go for the same. Just add CWM which is extremely easy. The installation is simple. You have to copy the rom inside the phone memory and then run the setup through CWM recovery. If you want you can check the step by step process of the same here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...es-Two-Methods That's all. It works fine..

When you root your device you simply loose the warranty. It is essential that you must not do that. Now to fix the update there is an option available. You can through ODIN re-install the original stock rom back. I always do this when I get any problem for the phone. But for that you have to find the right rom from web.

Samsung officially does not offer the download. But I got one and I think it is a genuine rom. I had applied that and I got updates notification also. In which I had skipped the latest one.