Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to make video calls from Blackberry to Android

How to make video calls from Blackberry to Android

I want some help here to find an application that can help me to take video call from blackberry to android device. I am having blackberry phone and my friends are having Android. Now there is some problem with making video calls. It does not look to be working fine. I am trying to find some application that might offer me a good video calling features but it does not work. While for android there are tons of video calling applications available. I checked on the Blackberry AppWorld but nothing found anything working.

Please Help.

Re: How to make video calls from Blackberry to Android

You can look for Skype. There is application now available on Blackberry App World called as Skype (Preview). It is a 13MB application that can help you to simply try to use for video calling. It works really nice. I had tested that video calling.

There are no other applications available. While you are right that Android is having a lot more compare to BB. It is a bit annoying really. I hope in future BB will get some applications for making video calls.

Quote Originally Posted by newway01 View Post
    You can look for Skype. There is application now available on Blackberry App World called as Skype (Preview). It is a 13MB application that can help you to simply try to use for video calling. It works really nice. I had tested that video calling.
    Thank you very much for the help buddy. I tried the app from the URL you provided. It says it is compatible for smartphones running with Blackberry OS 10. Well mine is Blackberry Z10 but when I open the page on my smartphone directly it says the app is not compatible with my device as you can see the screenshot here:

What should I do now? Please help.

That is the reason the process is a bit limited on BB. Blackberry is a business phone and you can make instant calls easily via messenger. Skype Preview is a bit annoying. It looks to be under development. There is not yet a final version available that would really work to give out a great output. There are chances of having some good video calling applications in future.

I hope BB developers will work on porting apps like Viber, WhatsApp and many more to the new platform so that BB users can also use it.

I hope that would be done soon. I am still using skype. It works fine on BB but not on old devices. The latest on BB10 looks to be a bit problematic with video calling through third party application. I downloaded FaceFlow Video Chat application from the app world. As per the description provided on the web this application offers to make video calls on different devices instantly through internet. It is not really worth. It is not working well. There are not really great apps available for video chatting.

Has anyone tried yahoo messenger. It is available on BB but I am not really sure whether it is capable of making video chat. While on my desktop I had tried to test that it did not work.

I am having an old BB model. I think this might work well on BB10. BB app world lacks support for various application due to which you are facing problem. While developers here are not really interested in making good apps for the platform. I hope someday I can use Viber on it. It is a nice app for calling.