Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Under 18 people now illegal to open Facebook account

Under 18 people now illegal to open Facebook account

This is a new thing going on internet now about India. Our govt. is working on a new petition to make facebook illegal for people under 18. It is not yet finalize but still the fight is on. So whoever is having an account and he/she has not crossed the prescribed image set by Court, will be punished. There is no clear information available what they are going to do if someone is still using facebook after law is passed there must be some kind of penalty.

I hope they do not put them behind bars.

Re: Under 18 people now illegal to open Facebook account

You cannot say this is wrong. There are some reasons. Recently we had seen due to some post there was a nice havoc in Mumbai. I think to stop all this stuff the court is banning FaceBook for people under 18. Because mostly kids are on facebook and they widely post anything without worrying about the consequences. Being a widely used social media platform it is also very complicated to manage and there is a risk of getting something viral. That does not matter what news it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Farzana View Post
    Being a widely used social media platform it is also very complicated to manage and there is a risk of getting something viral. That does not matter what news it would be.
    This is the issue with our country, India. Our people take everything for granted. If we are growing to some extent the narrow thinking pull them back which is then used by the leaders to exploit. While in other developed country websites like FaceBook are never a threat.

They are just a kind of communication between people that help them to stay in touch. I agree that this kind of sites is wrongly used in our country to generate un-necessary havoc. That is the reason some countries has completely blocked facebook.

I do not know how this is going to help. Once the account is created who knows the age. People will still access it. I think this must be handled more rationally instead of going against and crying out for stopping this. Social networking can be risky but on the same hand it is also a power tool of reaching people and showing them the right thing. It is right that a large number of population in our country take things as granted and mostly think on the basis of their community they belong.

We cannot do anything in that. At some end everyone is correct. Somehow things are not handled properly the reason is not the govt. but the people. They react to some extent and then they calm down going back to their work the very next day. They are not really worried about the things that are going around them.

Major things happen and ignore. While social media it is being hyped and them again everything is same as it was. It looks we people are not really interested to change or to think what is going on.