Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Sony Xperia ZR specifications, another rugged smartphone to be released soon

Sony Xperia ZR specifications, another rugged smartphone to be released soon

Just a few weeks ago we had Sony Xperia Z the waterproof android device. Sony also released Xperia Z tablet which is also a rugged model. Now a new rumor has taken place about Xperia ZR. This device is another variant in the Z series which also feature similar rugged feature but might have better processing power. It is not clear when the device will be coming out but there are some glimpses on the web. It is better once Sony confirm the new is correct or not.

Re: Sony Xperia ZR specifications, another rugged smartphone to be released soon

I had seen the images of that device. But don't you think Sony is doing this too early. They are simply going to release a device so soon. I had seen Samsung keeping a proper place behind product release. That gives time to people to use the product and get fed with that. I had seen some photos which show a bit different design.

I am trying to locate the hardware configuration. I hope this would be higher than Xperia Z because it is obvious that when you release a new device it is a bit better in performance.

Re: Sony Xperia ZR specifications, another rugged smartphone to be released soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I am trying to locate the hardware configuration. I hope this would be higher than Xperia Z because it is obvious that when you release a new device it is a bit better in performance.
    Hey guys, here are the Complete list of Specifications for Sony’s next hit, Sony Xperia ZR:

• 4.6-inch HD screen with 720x1280p display resolutions
    • Android OS v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
    • 1.5 GHZ Qualcomm quad-core processor (chipset might be either Snapdragon 600 series or Snapdragon S4 Pro)
    • 2GB RAM
    • 8GB Storage, Expandable upto 32GB using MicroSD Card
    • Main: 13.1-megapixel camera, Front Camera not confirmed
    • 2,300 mAh Battery
    • Water and dust proof body case

Thank you very much for mentioned here the specifications, I was looking for the same. Even I think this would not be the right time for Sony to launch this device because right now the most happening device in the market is Galaxy S4 with an octa core device with the best performance and output.

It is right that Samsung keeps a good gap when it comes in release of Smartphone. Manufacturers must learn more from Apple. They do not simply induce products, they wait back and after a nice time interval the product is out. I am trying to locate the information on ZR but there are only assumptions. No one is claiming the correct news.

I think I did a bit hurry in buying Xperia Z. I have this device and bought it in the last month. It has a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Core Processor and it looks to be the last according to me. Only Galaxy S4 is the device which is having a higher end processor while almost all devices in this range are below Xperia Z. Does Xperia ZR will be having an octa core CPU? If then this existing investment is just a waste. I should have wait for more time to get a better model.

The information that I gather shows that the new Xperia ZR might offers the same CPU what you have in Xperia Z. The phone is not really announced but it is just and extended version of Z. There is no great difference here. The device just has a slimmer body that's all.

Xperia ZR as per specification features a 2GB RAM and 13MP camera. The internal storage might be around 8GB. There is no great difference. It looks Xperia ZR is a bit improved version of Z but with the same kind of specs.