Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Skype download for Blackberry Z10

Skype download for Blackberry Z10

Is Skype available for Blackberry Z10? I am not able to find any proper download for that. I am having a Z10 device and I checked In Blackberry App World but it was not available. I prefer using Skype for video calling. I am having an Android tablet also. That works really well with Skype.

But it is weird to find that App World is not providing Skype download. I went on the official site of BB to locate Skype download but it is not at all available. Is there any third party website that can really help to provide me download for Skype?

Re: Skype download for Blackberry Z10

Right now no. Skype is not officially available for Blackberry. It is essential that you must switch with BBM messenger only. There are not official downloads available till yet. I checked on the entire web but still not able to find skype for the same. I am looking for an older model not for Z10. I am having an old device which features a QWERTY design. Now there is no chat messenger available which can help to make video calls instantly. I hope there will be an official download provided soon.

Skype is not compatible with Blackberry. There is some serious problem with the messenger and the mobile device. And hence Skype has not officially worked on Blackberry platform.

There are some other messengers available. It is not a new thing. Its from long time and almost I think for all models of BB there is no Skype due to which many BB users are still not able to get video calling better on the Blackberry Platform. I was expecting this on Blackberry Z10 at least but again the same disappointment.

I went on the official site of Skype to download the app for BB. I found that they are offering download for Windows, Apple and Android only. There is nothing available for the Blackberry OS. So here officially the app is not available for any BB platform.

But there is a site that offers a direct download link of Skype app for BB. There is no guarantee that it will surely work. The app is ported to BB platform which allows you to make calls and chat. So you can test the same by downloading it form this download link.

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    But there is a site that offers a direct download link of Skype app for BB. There is no guarantee that it will surely work. The app is ported to BB platform which allows you to make calls and chat. So you can test the same by downloading it form this download link.
    Hello Freak. The URL you provided is not the third party site but the official Blackberry App World. By the way, even i have Blackberry Z10 and facing strange problem. When i open that URL on my PC, it says to Download Skype, on ot clicking Download button, it says the URL is send to my Phone but i wont receive any download link. Secondly when i open that page on my Smartphone by scanning the Bar code on APp World, it says my that app is not compatible with my phone. You can see the screen shot here.

Any help will be Appreciated. Please help.

I had tested everything on Blackberry device. I had almost seen everything but nothing really worked out. There are ample of BB devices in the market but yet there is no good chat messenger. I had seen many third party applications which claim to give Skype type support. But that does not really work.

It is just and waste of time. Some new claimed that Skype will be soon available for the latest Blackberry devices like Z10 which are running on the latest OS. But yet nothing is provided.