Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Asus launches a 7inch 3G Tablet ‘Asus FonePad’

Asus launches a 7inch 3G Tablet ‘Asus FonePad’

Asus is releasing extremely new brand of 7inch tablet pc with 3G calling feature. Named as Fonepad the tablet performance is supported by Intel Atom Z2420 processor. This would be the first tablet to get Intel Atom cpu which also comes in different Ultrabook and Netbooks. The tablet will be soon announced in India offering calling feature and Intel Atom cpu support. The process power is 1.2 GHz. The cost is also not yet clarified. But being a performance tablet it will be loaded with the latest Android OS and good internet storage.

Re: Asus launches a 7inch 3G Tablet ‘Asus FonePad’

The price that I found was around $369. That makes it near to the price of Google Nexus in India. The only difference we are having between Nexus and FonePad is 3G calling service while the OS is common. We can really expect something better for the processor here.

As far as I know until now there is no cpu tested on the tablet platform. I also checked the camera output. It has dual camera. A 1.2 MegaPixel lies on the front side and 3 Megapixel lies on the back. That is quiet enough for a tablet.

Fonepad is a new tab which is going to rock the market. But it will have to face fierce competition from others. Recently I had seen there is a big change in the price of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3110. There are two variants available under the model. One is with SIM that comes for Rs.15000 and without Sim that comes for Rs.10000. Still it is cheaper compare to FoneTab. The price of non-SIM tablet has fell around 20% in last few weeks. I think that will be more reasonable here.

It is better if we wait back for the review on the tablet. That will be better. The tab is going to have Intel Processor which makes it more powerful compared to the mobile cpu we see in other devices. The tablet has 8GB or 16GB internal storage with 1GB memory. So that makes it a bit better tablet with ample of performance output and it is also very comfortable to use.

I will not say that it is an extreme performance tablet but has a great hardware config.

I think the price is a bit costly. There are ample of budget tablets in the market. The tablet is having a single core Intel processor. And if you are looking for extreme performance then there are some powerful tablets in the market. I found Nexus a great brand for the tablet stuff. They are just selling it at a mid range. The price that I found for Fonepad is Rs.19, 000 which makes it near to iPad. So it is essential that you must simply check out more models in the price range and test back.