Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: HTC One X might not get Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, 4.2 JellyBean will be last update

HTC One X might not get Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, 4.2 JellyBean will be last update

Recent rumors on web says that HTC One X or/and HTC One X+ will not be getting Android 5.0 Lime Pie Update which is can be released somewhere in October 2013. This might not fall on many expectations but the last update that you can expect is Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

HTC One X and One X+ is awesome device with great hardware specs. Not having Lime Pie on it will be one of the biggest disadvantages and disappointment for several HTC users. While still no other manufacturer has yet informed about any kind of update officially released for their devices. Samsung is also quiet on the same.

Re: HTC One X might not get Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, 4.2 JellyBean will be last update

That is awful. I was shock to find this. I searched on web and there are ample of news on it. The news is tweeted by some HTC Developer itself, so we cannot call it as Rumor. According to him the last update that will be provided on HTC devices is Android 4.2. And there will be no Lime Pie. But there is no final confirmation officially by HTC so far.

So still there can be some hope in future. But it is quiet important that we get updates on HTC. Or else it will be simply not very good ss S4 is coming out and it will surely support Android 5.0.

Re: HTC One X might not get Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, 4.2 JellyBean will be last update

Quote Originally Posted by sezmalik View Post
    Recent rumors on web says that HTC One X or/and HTC One X+ will not be getting Android 5.0 Lime Pie Update which is can be released somewhere in October 2013. This might not fall on many expectations but the last update that you can expect is Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
    I was actually sure about that. But it is not right to say that HTC One X or One X+ does not support Android 5.0 LimePie. Whatever new Android OS released has more optimization for the touch interface, fixed bugs and battery optimization. HTC will need to work hard from their end to ensure that this new OS is properly compiled back for their devices. The manufacturer can do that. How Samsung keeps on giving new updates between regular time intervals. And it is for sure that S4 will get 5.0 update along with other Galaxy Devices like S3 andNote 2.

By the way what will be so great in LimePie. The only thing I observed that every new edition of Android gives better interface. That's all.

They are doing nothing for the batter optimization. And devices like HTC Once X or Samsung S3 are big multimedia Smartphone’s. I hope there will be something better done that can allow us to use the phone in better way. I was just going through new features in Android 5.0 on web. I found that it has a improved UI and ample of bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    By the way what will be so great in LimePie. The only thing I observed that every new edition of Android gives better interface. That's all.
    Hey guys you can find out more about the new Android 5.0 Key Lime Update here and the 11 devices which are set to FIRST recive this major update

zeddo

It is better if we wait from HTC's end for the final confirmation that they are really willing to give us the update or not. They had not said that officially and people here just keeps on talking on the basis of assumptions. Android 4.2.2 update is also available on many budget models. So that is not a great deal.

What matters are the extra features which are only available in branded phones like Samsung TouchWiz or HTC Sense. These are something to look forward.