Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia planning to release new QWERTY Smartphone this week

Nokia planning to release new QWERTY Smartphone this week

Nokia is going to launch some QWERTY mobile this week. There is no official news on the same but there were some leaked rumors about the same. Many say the phone will be running on Windows Phone OS. As per those leaked rumors the phone will be having a full QWERTY keyboard with latest Windows Phone OS. There are still many things hidden. Like the cpu, camera and design. This would be some of the best QWERTY models if released on Windows phone platform. Letís wait back for the final release.

Re: Nokia planning to release new QWERTY Smartphone this week

It is being long time that manufacturers have released any QWERTY device. Seems like touch screen has become the only important and great fashion today. While still if we talk about business or email work we need a QWERTY support. I had seen some Android devices in Motorola which are awesome.

I hope Nokia would release some similar models under Lumia series. That will be simply awesome. Because the same offers a great durable design and ample of camera output features. Is anyone having more information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nokia is going to launch some QWERTY mobile this week. There is no official news on the same but there were some leaked rumors about the same. Many say the phone will be running on Windows Phone OS. As per those leaked rumors the phone will be having a full QWERTY keyboard with latest Windows Phone OS.
    Hey guys, the phone you all are talking here is already announced. And it was no Lumia or Wndows Phone 8 based device, it was yet another addition in Asha Series.

Nokia on Wednesday launched Nokia Asha 201 QWERTY mobbile phone in 5 different colors. You can read the complete news about the same here in this post. http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...d-WhatsApp-key

The news was actually leaked through Nokia blog. There is clear information available on the model numbers. But yet Nokia really planning for QWERTY devices this time. Nokia devices are the most trusted one in the market. They are the best phone with unique features and great output. Somewhere I found that the design of these QWERTY phones will be based on Lumia 920 and Lumia 928. So through that you can simply just have a layout of the device and the design output.

There are some glimpses of specification that I found on the web. The phone might be having a 1 GHz processor. Not sure which one but it will be near to 1Ghz. RAM is only 512MB while many devices that are released recently have 1GB.

Those are high end devices. With the RAM you can judge that it is a budget phone. The screen size might lie around 3.5inch. And the back camera will be 5MP. So that is quiet enough to some extent. I think the phone will be mid range devices.

Seems like you guys dint read my post above. It was not Windows Phone, It was Nokia Asha 201 launched on Wednesday.

I am waiting for some good QWERTY windows phone. Whatever models that I had found are mostly touch screens. QWERTY devices will be more awesome I think. But what if the above assumptions are not correct? The screen size that you had mentioned is decent. I was expecting bit more there. But if the device comes under Lumia range then it will be much better to go for the same. It will be durable and trendy in look. Does anyone have the confirmed date when it is going to release finally?