Though Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 dint received update higher than Gingerbread, but we have already (successfully) tried installing ICS ROMs, Jelly Bean 4.1 ROMs and recently we installed latest Android version v4.2 on Galaxy Y, that too successfully. Now its time to try something extra. Today we will install Windows 8 Monochromatic custom ROM which is a new Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 based on Windows Phone 8 style and looks. Not just windows WP8 style but you also get the messaging app, dialer app and also launcher exactly like you have seen in other Windows Phone devices.
Before beginning with the process, there are some important things that you will need to care about. We are here installing Custom ROM and modifying the existing OS. So first check the following things :
- Ensure that your mobile is rooted. After rooting the device you get super user access that allows maximum permission to modify mobile ROM. If you don’t know how to root your Galaxy Y S5360, follow the steps provided here.
- Download and install ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery Toolkit. This is essential software in install Custom ROM which is commonly used on many devices. Check this easiest method of installing CWM Recovery on galaxy Y S5360
- Download Monochromatic WP8 5.7.1 SYNERGY (NO KERNEL).zip.
- Before beginning copy all your data, contacts, sms, internet settings, etc from the mobile device. Everything will be wiped out. You can use a backup application for the same.
- Charge your mobile phone and check that there must be at least 60% battery left on the same. The device must not switch off between installation or it may get bricked.
- Temporarily disable the Antivirus or Firewall just to ensure the tools or any update is not blocked.
Now if you are done with the above stuffs, lets move ahead with Windows 8 Monochromatic custom ROM installation on Samsung Galaxy Y.