Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to hard reset Blackberry Z10

How to hard reset Blackberry Z10

Hey guys I wanted to know how we can completely wipe out the new Blackberry Z10 mobile phone. My mobile works fine but I am going to give it to by brother for some days. And as I am having tons of messages and other important data in the same it is bit risky to give him as it is. Hence I want to wipe it out completely.

How to do that? I checked in the manuals of BB Z10 but nothing was found. There is no option available for reset. I went inside the settings also but still nothing is provided. Is there any key combination that can work here? If yes then please mention the complete process.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to hard reset Blackberry Z10

You can do that through Blackberry Desktop Software. Install that in your pc first. Then connect the device to the pc. Then you have to launch cmd. To initiate factory restore you will have to log in the admin account of pc. It is better if you right click on cmd and choose run as administrator. Now type the following command : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader. Hit enter. Again type loader.exe /resettofactory and hit enter.

That's all. Wait for some time.

Factory Restore in Blackberry Z10 is called as Security Wipe. And you can find that inside Settings > Security and Privacy. Just tap on Security Wipe and wait back for some time. It will completely clean the phone and restore the settings as it was at the time of purchase.

That is the easiest method to run factory restore. While the above process mentioned is a bit long and complicated also. Through Settings you can just wipe out the internal data instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    Factory Restore in Blackberry Z10 is called as Security Wipe. And you can find that inside Settings > Security and Privacy. Just tap on Security Wipe and wait back for some time. It will completely clean the phone and restore the settings as it was at the time of purchase.
    Security Wipe takes really long time to completely wipe out everything. While compare to that other devices like Android phones are much faster. The phone takes around 15mins to complete clear everything. Why it take so much long time. It is a bit annoying to some extent. As Z10 is one of the best recently launched mobile phone in the market, the security wipe must be faster.

That is one thing that must be improved. It is necessary that your phone must be connected to power source when you are doing that.

One of my friends has faced the issue. His phone did not turn on. It was actually low on battery. He started security wipe and the phone was turned off in between. The phone was dead completely. That can be fixed through the service center. Leaving the slow security wipe feature aside, one more annoying thing is slow boot time. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes to startup completely while the phone is not having any heavy software’s on start. Does anyone know anything about slow boot time?

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post

That is the easiest method to run factory restore. While the above process mentioned is a bit long and complicated also. Through Settings you can just wipe out the internal data instantly.
    Hey there,

I used the Security Wipe option from the phone but it took a long time to wipe the data. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nits View Post
    Hey there,

I used the Security Wipe option from the phone but it took a long time to wipe the data. Please help.
    But it did Wiped out the data, right ? If yes, than what help you want?