Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Android games and Apps on Blackberry 10

How to install Android games and Apps on Blackberry 10

Is there an option available by which I can use Android application on Blackberry? I had seen some videos on the web but they are very complicated. I am not able to understand them completely.

So I am looking for a more simple process by which I can install Android games and apps on Blackberry. I am having Blackberry Z10. The app world has nothing and the phone is a bit boring to use.

If I can add some android games on it, then it will be very good for me. How can I do that? Please help.

Re: How to install Android games and Apps on Blackberry 10

There is no way of doing that. Blackberry is a different platform while android is different. I had also seen a number of articles on web but none of them worked. It is a bit complicated and I think not at all possible.

Somehow on Windows platform, Bluestack helps you to run android apps. But if you are not having good processor and graphics the apps will not work well. It is right that Blackberry App World is having very few apps, but it is actually not built for gaming.

You can do that. There are some people who are porting Android applications on Blackberry. I am giving you the download link below. The app packages which are linked below also works on PlayBook. I am going to give you the complete steps here through which you can install and use them on your device. These files are ported in .bar file which works on Blackberry. There is no direct way of running .apk file on BB platform. Due to which it is completely converted to .bar files.

• First download the files from link given on end. And install it in your pc.
    • In your BB go to Settings and tap on Security.
    • Look for Development Mode. You have to turn it on. It will ask you for a password. Add a simple one.
    • Now note down the development ip address. Open that link on BB browser and download the files.
    • The application by default goes in downloads folder. You can find that easily.
    • Now connect the BB Device to your pc and launch the application which you had installed from the below download link.
    • Click on scan button and ensure that the IP that found must be listed over there.
    • Just below that lies the password. Add the password and then go the Explorer to find the Download Directory.
    • Choose the applications which you want to install.

Download Android Apps for Blackberry.

I tried those. It worked but somehow it is a bit annoying to run android apps on Blackberry. They are very laggy and poor. I think this is going to need more time to get completely fixed. Yet there are very less support available on running android applications on blackberry phone. And I think it might be not so easily possible. Mobile is having a very poor hardware support due to which it is complicated to run emulators on the same.