Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to check if android phone is still in warranty

How to check if android phone is still in warranty

Is there any application available on Google Play that can tell me the pending warranty to mobile phone? I am going to buy a second hand device from my friend. He said that the device was purchased 6 months ago and still warranty is pending on that. But as per the condition of the phone it looks a bit dull. I am sure that this mobile really 6 months old. Now I am not having any bill or phone information through which I can find out the warranty of this device. Can anyone tell me is there is any alternate way using which we can get the Warranty info of any gadget?

Re: How to check if android phone is still in warranty

There is no way to find that. You can only find the warranty of any device on the official manufacturer website. Many of them allow you to search through serial number of the device which is located inside back cover. And through that you can find out whether the warrant is left or not.

I was also looking for some alternate way, like some app which can do this but there is nothing available. There are some apps on Google Play but they are useless. They do not give you any information. Just try out checking the official site.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 4.0 View Post
    I was also looking for some alternate way, like some app which can do this but there is nothing available. There are some apps on Google Play but they are useless. They do not give you any information. Just try out checking the official site.
    That is correct. There is no app for that. I was trying to locate something for Galaxy Note 2. And I tried some application also. But it did not work. The database of product sold only lies with the manufacturer. Others cannot tell you whether the product is warranty or not. The most you can do is call the customer support of the device brand and talk to them. They might help you in finding out the warranty. But for that you will need to give the serial number of the device. Be ready with same.

Hey guys, there is one application called as Purchase Warranty Tracker Lite. I found that on Google Play. It is not having any great info, but I think it can help you out.

This tool allows you to locate warranty and other information along with this you can also maintain your warranty records. The app is free. So just download and test that. I am sure it will have some information for the product you are looking for. Another application which works in the same way is Warrantify.

Those are crap apps. They give no information. If you want to check the warranty just carry the device to your nearest customer repair center and see what you can get. They are the only guys in this world who can give you information on your device warranty. Just try to locate the same and see what you get.

I am sure you will be able to get the information. It is necessary that you buy a device which has some warranty left so that if there is any problem you can go for the fix.