Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Now control your pc using Monect app through Android phone

Now control your pc using Monect app through Android phone

If you are looking for an app that can help you to use your device as joystick then just try Monect. This is a tiny application that converts your phone to a pc control tool. You can play games using it. The best thing you can do is use your phone sensor as a steering wheel to control cars in racing game. It works like charm.

The app works on Wi-Fi as well on Bluetooth. The app is easy to manage with simple settings menu. It is necessary that your pc must have a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. If you want you can download the same from here.

Re: Now control your pc using Monect app through Android phone

I had tested this app. I am using it for NFS. It works really nice. I am using it on my laptop. It is a nice app that allows the phone to use as some kind of controller. But it does not really work with all games. I found the help really helpful. But there must be more in the same.

It is very basic and limited to some stuff only. Like the interface which is very basic. There must be some web based control on the same through which we can simply switch off our pc through internet.

For that kind of work you can simply download and install a remote desktop app in your pc. Like Teamviewer. This app allows you to control your pc and you can shut it down from where ever you want. Monect is just a controller application that helps you to use your device to control your system. You can view the files and do lot more things with that. I agree that the app offers a very little in start but surely the pro version in future will be better and enhanced.

The app is comfortable for some time. Like for watching movies or accessing the files of your pc. It is really a very simple app. talking about remote desktop connectivity there are hardly any great app available for android that offers you desktop like features.

I am using Teamviewer on my android tablet and it looks to be working really dull. I am looking for a dual client app that can work on the pc as well on the mobile phone and offers a great way of controlling both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehimay View Post
    I am using Teamviewer on my android tablet and it looks to be working really dull. I am looking for a dual client app that can work on the pc as well on the mobile phone and offers a great way of controlling both.
    For such thing Samsung Galaxy tab is the best one. This tab comes with integrated app called “Quickly Support"

It is an optimized version of Teamviewer which is only developed for Galaxy Tab. This application offers you a complete desktop like features. You can control your pc, perform right click and do a number of things through it. It works great on Wifi and 3G. Monect is just and basic app that is beneficial for playing games. For higher features you will need to look for better app. I think almost all of them are paid.