Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on Windows XP

How to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on Windows XP

Recently I purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I have a laptop with Windows 7. As of now I was using my Windows 7 laptop to transfer files to my Tab 2 where it is detected properly. Recently I was on vacation at my uncle's house who is having an old Windows XP pc. I connected the tablet to the pc but it is showing nothing. It just shows me installing drivers. After a few minutes I found an icon in My Computer. It was some media device. After double clicking on that I found few folders which were empty. I tried to copy some videos but it did not worked. So it seems like Samsung Tab 2 wont get detected in Windows XP. Could be possibly drivers problem.

Is there any way we can use Samsung Tabs on Windows XP computers?

Re: How to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on Windows XP

This is because that XP system is not having Samsung USB drivers. You can download that from the official website. Just go the Samsung site and click on Support. Choose your product. The model number if listed on the backside. You can then download the USB drivers and install them in your pc. Then try to connect back and you will see a popup window on the screen. You can then transfer songs or videos in that. Due to lack of drivers Windows is not able to identify the device.

Thanks of the reply. I was also stuck with the same. I am having an old laptop which has XP. The tab use to work fine with my PC that has Windows 7, but on the laptop it does not work. The internal memory is not accessible at all.

I thought the issue was with the laptop itself. But as you said I downloaded the drivers. I did not found them on Samsung site. When I searched for the model under Support section all I can find is Samsung Kies. I downloaded the driver from a third party download website.

I am using Samsung Kies here. It is the best tool for Samsung devices that allows you to do a number of things. It comes with Samsung USB driver. Before using any Samsung product you can download and install Keis on your PC or laptop. And your device will be detected. While adding the usb driver will just allow you to copy paste files in it. Through Samsung kies you can back up your contact and do a number of stuff. Whoever facing problem with tab connectivity just add Samsung kies.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I am using Samsung Kies here. It is the best tool for Samsung devices that allows you to do a number of things. It comes with Samsung USB driver. Before using any Samsung product you can download and install Keis on your PC or laptop. And your device will be detected. While adding the usb driver will just allow you to copy paste files in it. Through Samsung kies you can back up your contact and do a number of stuff. Whoever facing problem with tab connectivity just add Samsung kies.
    Kies works well in Windows 7. But in Windows XP it is extremely slow. I am having a Core 2 Duo system with 2GB ram on it. The system works extremely slow and kies take long time to open. I thought the issue was with the system but it was actually with kies. It is a bit heavy on system usage. That is why I stopped using the same.

Can anyone provide me the download link of Samsung USB driver. I am sure that will be enough. I just want to transfer movies on the same.