Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: JellyBean 4.1 now available for LAVA Iris 501, How to update ?

JellyBean 4.1 now available for LAVA Iris 501, How to update ?

I just saw in the news that LAVA IRIS 501 just received official Jellybean 4.1 update. I was waiting for this from long time. According to the articles the process for updating Iris 501 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was to go in About Phone > Software Update. It will automatically find the update and install it in the phone. Something like OTA updates.

But the problem is when I checked for the same I am unable to find anything. The software update section is not able to locate anything. You can see the image below, there is no option to check for Firmware update.

I tried to search on web about some manual way but that is also not available. Even there is no PC Suite like Kies or PC Companion through which I can update from my desktop. Has anyone got the updates installed successfully? If yes, please let me know how.

Thank you.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: JellyBean 4.1 now available for LAVA Iris 501, How to update ?

Nope. I am also waiting for the same. It is today's news. But still my phone is not showing any sign for updates. While in Samsung you just get popup on the screen about any new update received. While for LAVA there is nothing like that.

I had checked inside About Phone, but I am not able to locate Software Update section in that, just like the screenshot you posted above. There is no option to check if any firmware update is available for the device. Does this is limited to some models? Or there is a region based update sharing. I hope it is provided in the entire region.

I am also waiting for the same. There is no update at all. I checked a number of times. I am having 2G data plan on my phone and I hope that the update will not be bigger in size.

Instead of giving an OTA update LAVA must simply provide the official download of JellyBean ROM on their website. So that we can simply download and run the installation. That will be easier. Is there any time set for the update because I did not found anything on the web about the same? I hope the updates would be available soon.

What about rooted phone. I rooted my devices and already installed Jellybean. It is a custom ROM and does not look great. I want to add this new official update on the device. I am also checking in the software update section but not able to find anything. I had installed the custom rom some months ago. And I do not think I will be able to restore the original rom back. I hope that my rooted phone will also detect the update. Please anyone let me know whether this will work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulton View Post
    What about rooted phone. I rooted my devices and already installed Jellybean. It is a custom ROM and does not look great. I want to add this new official update on the device. I am also checking in the software update section but not able to find anything. I had installed the custom rom some months ago. And I do not think I will be able to restore the original rom back. I hope that my rooted phone will also detect the update. Please anyone let me know whether this will work or not.
    Not at all. These kinds of updates are mostly released for the official devices only. You had rooted your device that simply means your warranty is gone. And how will you restore.

I do not think your phone is going to get any kind of updates in future. After Samsung and Micromax, LAVA looks like to be the first mobile manufacturer which is giving Jellybean update in the market. I hope this will be more optimized and better in terms of performance. I am facing a bit issue with battery output.