Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Battery draining very fast after installing Facebook Home App

Battery draining very fast after installing Facebook Home App

I installed Facebook Home app on my HTC phone. I am using the patched version of this application as Facebook Home is not officially provided for all the devices. I found a thread on this site which gave the download of patched version that works with almost all devices. Now there is a problem with the same. After installation I found that my data usage limit got passed very soon and the battery as well is draining really fast. The issue was not before. I am having a 1GB data limit plan.

Is it just me or anyone else noticed these battery and data problem after installing Facebook Home?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Battery draining very fast after installing Facebook Home App

The application gives you real-time feed on your home screen. It is not just another Facebook application, it is more like a launcher that embed Facebook feeds on your home and lock screen.

And obviously it is will consume data because it pull all current updates from your fb profile. So it is better to turn it off if you are facing such kind of issue. Compare to that the regular app only works when you turn it on. The app works simply fine and better than Facebook home.

Quote Originally Posted by Haani View Post
    Is it just me or anyone else noticed these battery and data problem after installing Facebook Home?
    I too never notice that before installing the same. I had installed this on my Galaxy Note II. I am using it for hardly two days but now I found that the application is simply eating up the battery a lot. My phone use works fine for more than 18 hours once charged and now it hardly goes around 7hrs. I got the battery empty notification popup on the screen. First I thought the issue was due to updates. Later on I figure out the problem lies with the app, Facebook Home. The app just keeps on running slideshow on the screen which looks to be heavy on the phone battery.

Any real-time update application installed on your device will affect the battery and data usage for sure. It is a common issue with android device.

Many games, applications and widgets installed collect real time data from web using your mobile data plan. This app works great on wifi. You can turn it on when you are on a wifi network. But when you are on 3G/2G network it is advice to keep it off. Due to constant data usage the battery is drained out really fast.

Through the settings you can turn of Data Usage in Facebook home. It is a good app for those who love to have all their updates directly on the screen. But is correct too that the app is resource intensive.

Also for lower range device the application is more annoying. I had seen lagging issue on my device. The app looks like needs a good processor to perform well. In device like HTC One X+ it works really great but on lower devices there are ample of issues. I think the app must be more optimized.