Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Facebook Home on non-compatible devices

How to install Facebook Home on non-compatible devices

Facebook Home is launched. But officially it is not provided for all devices. I had checked the same for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. On Google Play it has yellow bar saying that “this app is not compatible with your Vodafone Galaxy Note 2”. Damn... How is it possible? I mean it is a high end device. So it looks officially Facebook is not offering the app for all.

Anyways, if you are like me having high end smartphone and not able to download Facebook Home on your device, then don’t worry. I found a way to get it on Non-Compatible devices as well. It is a patched version of Facebook Home using which you can also install on the device for which it is yet not released.. You can use that on any android device. I had tested this app on Micromaix Canvas. It works fine. There is no issue of lagging or freezing.

Download Facebook Home Patched

Re: How to install Facebook Home on non-compatible devices

Why Facebook still kept in unsupported for the high end devices. I had seen the same message on HTC One X + while when there was a news based on the app release it was clearly stated that this app will be available for high end devices including the following smartphones: HTC One, HTC One X, HTC One X+, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note II and Samsung Galaxy S 4.

This is simply weird. It is so annoying. I tested your app it really works great. The new way of Facebook integration on mobile phone is simply awesome. It just keeps updated all the time.

The app is not designed for tablet pc. I installed that on Micromax Funbook but it did not worked. After installation it asked for update. I updated the app and then when I try to launch it I am getting an error message that this app is not compatible with my device and they will notify me when it will launch for my device. If it is patched it must work. As you said you used on Canvas then it simply means the app is not having any tablet support. Has anyone else tested this out on any tablet so far? I am talking about Galaxy Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    The app is not designed for tablet pc. I installed that on Micromax Funbook but it did not worked. After installation it asked for update. I updated the app and then when I try to launch it I am getting an error message that this app is not compatible with my device and they will notify me when it will launch for my device.
    Officially there is no tablet version of Facebook Home available. Whatever apps are present right now they only works for smartphone. It is more like a launcher. It adds a home scree and lock screen on the device replacing the existing UI. The lock screen has a kind of slideshow pulled from the latest Facebook feeds.

It works great with android devices. I hope this would be released soon officially for the non-compatible devices also so that all can take the benefit of such a wonderful UI.

The patched version mentioned above needs some more support. Before installing the same just check that you are having the latest version of Facebook app installed in your device. Then you will also need to install latest version of Facebook Messenger App. Later on you have to install this that's all. But the official app is better. I just found the apk file download on this website and installed it on Note 2. It works better compared to this patched app.