Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Where to download Facebook Home in India

Where to download Facebook Home in India

I want Facebook Home App. I am having Galaxy Note 2 phone. I checked for it on Google Play, though it is available there but it is showing the app is not compatible. While officially it was announced for Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2, HTC One X+ and Nexus 4. But how does it is showing that the application is not compatible?

I am looking for a direct download link of Facebook Home APK file. I checked on the official website of Facebook and there also nothing is available. My friend owns a HTC ONE X+ and on his device also it is showing it is not compatible. Thatís annoying. Can anyone of you please tell me from where can I download the same?

Thank you very much.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Where to download Facebook Home in India

It is possible to use Facebook Home on your existing mobile device. Though Facebook has officially provided the download on Google Play, it is only for US country as of now and will take some time to reach India. That is the reason it is showing that incompatible message for your phone on the store. Anyways, you donít need to worry neither need to wait. I had provided a direct download Link below for Facebook Home APK. The app works great on Galaxy Note 2 and HTC One X+. I had tested that myself on my Phone, you can see the image below. The app installation is quiet easy.

Facebook Home App APK Download

Installation Process:

• First download facebook.home.apk file from above link. Copy it in your phone memory or sd card.
    • Now open file manager and browse to the location where you save apk file. Tap it to run. It will ask you for installation. Click on OK.
    • Once the app is installed when you launch it, it will ask you to run update. The file that is provided in the download link is just an installer. It is around 380KB and the update is around 17MB. Actually it updates your existing facebook application which is installed on your device.
    • Once the update is done, If you had already added Facebook account in your device then this app will pull all the feeds and necessary information on your screen including Lock screen.

Or else it will aks for the initial setup.

Info on Facebook Home App:

Facebook Home App is not just a simple social networking application that helps you to read your feeds, like photos or check update. Facebook has integrated the same in the form of Android UI. The lock screen gives you photo slide show from your feeds where you can like any post or comment with just a SINGLE TAP. Chat messenger is also included in the same. It is just like n new Android launcher which replaces the existing one and turn your device into complete facebook home.

Re: Where to download Facebook Home in India

Thanks for the post. It worked really. I installed in Note 2. It is really awesome. It completely modifies the existing android launcher to a facebook UI. I can see now all the updates on the screen itself. Messages are reflected inside the notification bar.

The performance is great. You are right about the launcher thing. It is not just an app but is a kind of new Android launcher that gives a new look and stylish Facebook updates on screen instantly. Probably a Facebook Phone :P