Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7

How to install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7

First there was news that Internet Explorer 10 is not provided for Windows 7. It was for Windows 8 only. But Microsoft has officially now launched Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7. I tried to upgrade my browser through Windows Update but donít know why I dint found in the updates list. It says that my browser is upto date. It looks still Internet Explorer 10 is not yet provided under the upgrade option. Is there a manual way available for the installation process? If yes, please let me know how can I get IE 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition?

Thank you.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7

The reason why you cannot see Internet Explorer 10 in your Windows Updates list is because it only works on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. You will need to download and install the SP1 update for Windows 7 first which is available on Microsoft Downloads. And then check for updates. I am sure that will work.

Still on all existing version of Windows 7, Internet Explorer 10 is not officially available. It is a new browser designed for Windows 8 that has ample of improvements in performance. I am having a Windows 8 PC on which it works really well without much issue.

That is absolutely correct buddy, IE 10 has minimum requirement of Service Pack 1 to run on Windows 7. It is more light compare to the older edition. If you are looking for Service Pack 1 download for Windows 7 then just check the link below. First download the Service Pack update and then install it in your pc. You have to restart your pc after installation. Once it is done see the second link below. It offers you Internet Explorer 10 download. Download the setup file of the web browser and install. Then again reboot your pc so that all the settings are properly configured and then test back.

Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 10 Downlaod

Thanks for that solution. It worked really. I had tried a number of different things to get the new browser on my pc since last 1 week, finally managed to get it using these steps. It is correct that all the existing versions of Windows 7 do not directly support Internet Explorer 10. That is the reason it is not available in the updates. You will need to follow the manual way of installation. The above process worked. But I really did not found any great difference in the browser. I hope there are some better enhancements in it.

Internet Explorer 10 is better for touch based devices. It is faster and works better. In the older editions which are typically for desktop pc, Internet Explorer works a bit slower on multiple web browsers.

But the new one is cool enough in terms of performance. As we can see the new interface of Windows 8 is mostly touch based so Internet Explorer 10 is going to serve better on tablet pc. I hope you will like it when you use it regularly.