Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Backup Chat Messages in WhatsApp

How to Backup Chat Messages in WhatsApp

Hey guys, Iím in need of some urgent help from you all. I need some way to back up the chat messages of my WhatsApp. My phone is working extremely slowly due to which I want to reset. But when I do that it will be wiped out completely and I have some conversations in WhatsApp which I donít want to lose anyhow. I tried to find some apps which can backup these messages but unfortunately I dint but found anything.

I hope there will be some way for the same. I checked inside all the folders of Android but found nothing. I thought there will be some kind of text files saved. Can you guys help me out please? Thanks in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to Backup Chat Messages in WhatsApp

Donít worry dude. You can do that from WhatsApp directly. It is not necessary to download any third party app. In order to back up your conversations just open WhatsApp and press the Menu key. You will see a small popup in which you have to look for Settings. Now go down and tap on More. Here you will find Chat History Backup. Just once again tap on that and the backup will start. Now when you reset your mobile or format it, next time you can simply restore it back again through the same process. It saves the backup online. Isnít it that simple? Yes it is :-*

I am using a Titanium Pro here. It is great software for backup purpose. It is a nice application that simply allows you to back up everything you want. It not only backup the logs but also application and other important settings. It is simple to restore also.

The tool has advance option to back up the internal rom which is only possible if the device is rooted. Or else it will not work with the same. I will recommend you to try the same once. If you want you can download the same from Google play or simply click here to land on google play.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Minor View Post
    I hope there will be some way for the same. I checked inside all the folders of Android but found nothing. I thought there will be some kind of text files saved. Can you guys help me out please? Thanks in advance.
    Backing up Whatsapp with all received media images, videos, etc is very simple friends. Just connect your smartphone with PC using USB cable. Go to the root of your SD Card. You will see a folder named Whatsapp. Just copy the entire folder on your desktop. That’s it. By copying this folder mean you have copied your entire whatsapp history (Profile, wallpaper, media, everything).

If you are changing your phone or resetting the same phone, simply copy this folder in your SD Cards root directory. You will see all your older whatsapp available on your new device.

Is it possible to recover deleted chat on WhatsApp? My brother did that accidentally. He was playing games on the same and accidentally he deleted my entire whatsapp log. I went inside the settings and checked everything but found nothing useful.

Is there a way available to restore the same through some other way? I tried to check inside the restore stuff but there is nothing listed. It is so annoying. There must be some way to restore the chat online when you need or not so that you can pull the same back when needed.

Please help.

There is no chance to get the deleted logs back. The most you can do is try to re-install the same back and then test it. It might help you to get the most recent logs only, yet not sure about that. It is necessary that you use some automated backup utility that will help you to keep your logs copied somewhere. Titanium Pro is offline utility while there are ample of online utility also available through which you can sync your logs, contacts and tons of new things. It is beneficial to some extent.