Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Now make free voice call through Viber on Windows Phone 8

Now make free voice call through Viber on Windows Phone 8

After getting millions of users on iOS and Android devices, finally Viber is now updated for Windows phone 8 with calling features. A new version that support VoIp calling with HD audio. This update is finally provided for Windows 8 diversifying the platform of Viber. Now you can simply make calls and get a clear voice but based on the bandwidth usage the quality differs. Specifically designed for Windows Phone 8, you can instantly make free calls on a Wi-Fi network for HD quality sound. The HD sound is optimized to deliver a clear voice with more better improvements. The app is upgraded in terms of UI also. Leaving the old bugs aside the new app is more faster and better.

The new design also include in selling a free text to the users. You can also take benefit from photo messaging. Viber is getting more enhanced and the same update is also available for android devices. You can get exactly the same benefit on your android smartphone. The app features new emoticons, better UI, HD sound output, and free usage.

There is no charge on the application. Viber is a free app that works on mobile data (2G) as well. To get the best out of if you must use it on Wi-Fi. The new improved edition with voice feature gives additional benefit in the user interface such as option like live tiles, lock screen notification, etc. For Windows Phone 8 the enhanced interface makes it much easier to make call and receive instant notification on the live screen. Compare to Skype, Viber is more light weight. Skype is a bit heavy in terms of video chat while Viber is smooth and getting more and more stable day by day. It is available for iPhone, Android, Symbian and Nokia S410 platform. There is no limitation of platform here.

Users willing to install this updated Viber version can directly search and install it from Windows Marketplace on their phone or click here to install it directly from PC.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Now make free voice call through Viber on Windows Phone 8

I was using Skype before. I am having a Gingerbread phone and my friend has Nokia Symbian device. It was a bit annoying to chat with him due to poor output. But later on we switched to viber. I was not aware about the HD calling support. I am using it on 3G and still it works fine.

I hope there will be some option available to disable Hd support on the application because that will require more bandwidth while chatting and it will make complicated even on slower network.

Re: Now make free voice call through Viber on Windows Phone 8

I am using Nimbuzz for calling. Actually I am waiting for WhatsApp to release a voice call support. WhatsApp is cooler app than any other app in the market. But they are not offering a voice calling support. Nimbuzz is a bit lighter for voice call.

I hope that Viber will be better. I had not yet worked on the same. Either if there is HD audio or video you will need a good amount of bandwidth to transfer that output. Or else it will be lagging.