Hey guys, I’m back again with one new Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 devices. Earlier we have shown you step by step process for installing Several Mods on S5360 such as NextToICSROM Custom ICS ROM, Aura Custom ICS Rom, Android 4.1 JellyBlast ROM and more. Today I’m going to show you how you can get Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system on your Galaxy Y smartphone. For those who don’t know, 4.2 JB was release just couple of weeks ago with the new Galaxy S4 and is only available in few high end devices like Nexus S, S4, etc. Even Galaxy Note 2 haven’t received this update yet. But now through JellyNoid custom ROM you have Android JellyBean 4.2 OS on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 which has never received any official ROM of Gingerbread 2.3.6.
The process for installing this MOD is relatively simple but the device looks cool. It is necessary that you follow all the mentioned information before going for the process. If your phone freezes on boot screen after installing the ROM, don’t panic; just try to repeat the process once again from beginning. If it works, it is good, and if not revert back to your earlier firmware. Remember, me or this website is no way responsible for any Damage done to your devices. If you agree follow the instructions given below.
Like all other procedure, here also there are some requirements which need to done before we start the installing process of JellyNoid Jelly Bean ROM. Installing Custom ROM on mobile device is somewhat risky due to unstable or unofficial ROM. But this one is tested. Still I recommend before moving ahead just go through the following points to stay on the safer side.
- Backup your phone data. Backup everything. For staying on the safer side you can use ROM backup software. If the process fails or if you do not like the MOD you can use the original Stock ROM back again to put the phone as it was earlier.
- Install ClockWorkMode Recovery Tool on your mobile device. It is a tiny app that you can download and it replaces the existing Samsung Recovery Screen. After installing ClockWorkMod, your device will be rooted which is another essential part of installation process.
- Download Android 4.2 JellyNoid Jelly Bean custom ROM from the URL provided below and save it on your desktop. Remember that JellyBean is a Custom ROM. It is not a official ROM.
- Before moving ahead with the process enable USB Debugging. Go on Settings > Applications > Development and tap on USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your phone has maximum battery power.
- Ensure that your mobile is Rooted. You can find that by installing a Root Checker Application.
- Whatever changes made by you is entirely on your own risk. If you are not sure skip the process. Now if you had done with the above requirements we will move ahead with installation process.
Installing CWM Recovery and Rooting Galaxy Y:
Follow the link here to find the complete rooting process of Galaxy Y only if your phone is not rooted. Or else you can move ahead with installation process.
To know how you can install ClockWorkMod Recovery on Galaxy Y S5360, check this post and video. Once you had verified or done with the rooting process we will move ahead with JellyNoid installation.