Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: HTC released Desire P Dual-Core smartphone

HTC released Desire P Dual-Core smartphone

HTC has released a new mobile device recently named as Desire P. The device offers a nice 4.3inch display with 1 GHz Dual Core CPU with standard hardware configuration and works on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. Recently it was in news that HTC is going to release two new devices. Among which one is Desire P and other one is Desire Q. But there is no information available about Desire Q as of now. While compare to that, Desire P is a smartphone which features Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 chipset with 768MB of RAM. It is also powered with Adreno 203 graphics which makes it quite good for HD video playback and few standard Android games.

The devices look like to be competitor with any recent Android OS released in the market with stylish design and decent configuration. Though it is announced officially we dint found it for sale on any popular shopping websites. The camera output of Desire P is 8MP with LED flash but it is missing the front facing camera. While the internal storage offered is around 4GB only. Desire P has a bar shape design which is sleek and bit stylish also and capable of giving out a better output in terms of performance.

The cost of this mobile is stated around Rs.20,000/-. There can be a bit fluctuation when the phone is finally out in the hands of retailer. It will be right to say that the device is a high end mobile phone with all feature of android. The battery output of the device is 1620mAH from which we can expect a decent talktime benefits. It was being expected to have a better battery output. Complete list of specification of HTC Desire P is as follows:

• Display: 4.3-inch capacitive Super LCD2 touch screen display
    • Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels Resolution
    • CPU: 1 GHz dual-core processor
    • RAM: 768 MB RAM
    • Storage: 4GB Internal Memory, Expandable upto 32GB
    • Camera: 8 Megapixel Rear Camera , NO Front facing Camera
    • GPU:
    • Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS and GLONASS

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: HTC released Desire P Dual-Core smartphone

I did not find anything great in this new model of HTC mobiles. I am eager to know about Desire Q. I hope the device will be better than this . Today there are tons of mobile phones in the market due to which it is really very complicated to understand what to go for. It looks like all smartphone manufacturer are working hard to deliver the best hardware configuration that makes thing more confusing.

I found the device costly as per the hardware specs stated. I mean with just 1GHz CPU and 768 Mb RAM (not even 1GB), who will like to pay 20K bucks? There are several far better phones available at that price range.

Re: HTC released Desire P Dual-Core smartphone

You are right on the same. There are cooler devices at the price range stated above. The device is costly to some extent in terms of specification provided.

But as it is a HTC device then the price is high due to brand. The internal storage is just 4GB that makes the device a bit weaker. There are very few devices which are coming with 8GB internal storage. While for camera it is a bit better with 8MP LED flash. I hope the other one will be more better.