Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

There are several ways of installing ClockWorkMod in different model smartphones. However it has been always problem to install the same in Galaxy Y S5360 because there is no particular CWM mod released for this model. Fortunately, I found a way using which you install CWM recovery in seconds. Here is how to do the same:

• First of all you need to download ClockWorkMod Recovery package from here.
    • Save it on your desktop.
    • Connect your phone with PC using USB Cable.
    • Copy/Move this downloaded package to your phone’s Memory Card.
    • Make sure to move it in the root of SD card so that is easy to browse.
    • Now turn off the phone.
    • Press and Hold Home + Volume Up + Power key for few seconds until you see the Samsung Logo on the screen
    • Now you will see the phone is in default recovery console.
    • Select the option ‘Install from SD Card’ using your Volume keys to scroll and press Home key to select.
    • Now select ClockWorkMod Recovery named (CWM_Package) and press home key to select.
    • Within 2 seconds your phone will be in ClockWorkMod Recovery.

That’s it. Have fun.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

Here is the Video tutorial of installing ClockWorkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. In my phone, it’s the same CWM Package named cwm_bla_bla. So don’t get confused.

Re: How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery in Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Easiest Method

Here is a good news for all Samsung Galaxy Y users. As we know we are not going to get any official firmware update higher than the existing Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, and definitely not the Jelly Bean, i think this is the time to go with a Custom ROM. I am talking about Nemesis Custom ROM. It is very light and feature packed ROM running on latest android system, that is 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It provides all JB features right on your Galaxy Y phone.

I've already installed the same in minutes and am very happy, hence thought to let you guys know about the same. If you want to install Nemesis 4.2 JB on your phone, check this guide describing step by step process for the same: http://goo.gl/XBsbQ

Important Tips:
    Rooting will void your device’s warranty. And if done incorrectly, it may brick your device.
    This root method is only for Galaxy S GT-I9000, don’t try this on any other variants of Galaxy S GT-I9000.
    Charge your battery up to 70%.
    Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
    Backup your phone data.
    Install Galaxy S GT-I9000 USB drivers -> Download USB Drivers for Galaxy S GT-I9000.
    Make sure your device is on Official Android Firmware. Go to Settings > About Device