Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to transfer files and folders from Android to computer without cable connection

How to transfer files and folders from Android to computer without cable connection

I am using a Galaxy S3 mobile phone. I am having a wifi connection at my home. I am looking for some simple way to transfer or share files of my mobile phone over WiFi. I lost my cable also. Now I have to transfer some photos from it. But I cannot find a proper way. I can upload them, but it will take a really long time. Android is a rich OS. I found some app on Google Play that promise to allow Wi-Fi file sharing. I downloaded one of them. But it did not work. But Iím sure there will be some application which can allow us to transfer file between mobile and computer or vice versa. Do you guys know any of such software? Please let me know soon.

Thank you.

Re: How to transfer files and folders from Android to computer without cable connection

There is an application called ES File Explorer. It allows you to scan and locate fpt or lan servers. All you need to do is hook your pc and mobile on the same wireless network and share your files from the pc.

Connect your mobile to the Wi-Fi network on which your computer/Laptop is connected. Then launch ES File Explorer and at the top left you can see a small arrow. Next to that you can see text ‘Local’. Tap on the same and choose SCAN. It will show you the router or modem ip address. Tap it. Inside you will see IP address of your pc. Again tap on it and you will see all files and folders shared on your pc. Now you can transfer files between phone and computer over WiFi. It also allows you to stream media files directly from the PC without copying it on your mobile or tablet.

For me, it is very useful. If you want to try out, download from here or directly search ES File Explorer on your phone’s Google Play Store.

Re: How to transfer files and folders from Android to computer without cable connection

Quote Originally Posted by Offline View Post
    For me, it is very useful. If you want to try out, download from here or directly search ES File Explorer on your phone’s Google Play Store.
    There is a much more simple way than that. You can download a free application called as eShare. It is a tiny software but really very efficient. It allows you to view all the folder of your Android mobile in My Computer. Download the app and launch it. Your wifi must be on. Then at the bottom right you can see "Start Share" as you can see in the image below. Tap on it.

It will give you a FTP URL. Type the entire url in the address bar on your PC and hit enter. That’s it, you are done. You can simply copy paste files from it. It is simpler.

Many Thanks for that info mankind. I downloaded eShare and it really works well. ES Explorer a number of time pops out permission warning. While Eshare is very simple compared to that. There is no need share a folder or manage permission settings. I never thought it will be so easy to share files on the wifi with adding different application and configuring the LAN. I am also looking for application that can offer me some map drive features on PC. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I am also looking for application that can offer me some map drive features on PC. Is that possible?
    You can only do that through SAMBA. Android is a different platform but you can hook it on your lan network through SAMBA. Download and install SAMBA app in your pc.

You will need to configure the wireless settings and other stuff. It is a bit advance process but once it is configured properly you can simply map the android folder in your my computer. And it works on wifi also. Compare to all this stuff eShare is far more better I think.