Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Samsung launches Two budget Jelly Bean Smartphones Galaxy Star and Pocket Neo

Samsung launches Two budget Jelly Bean Smartphones Galaxy Star and Pocket Neo

Samsung has just launched yet Two new budget phones but this time with Android 4.1 JellyBean operating system. The two new models are named as “Samsung Galaxy Star” and “Samsung Pocket Neo”. Both are dual sim phone that offers Jelly Bean and classic look. Both the devices lies under a price range of Rs.4000 to Rs.8000. It can be termed as the cheapest Jelly Bean device in the market.

As Galaxy Star is an entry level smartphone so it will be wrong to expect more from the performance. The devices offers you a 3 inch touchscreen and 1Ghz processor and is compatible with 3G network connectivity. Furthermore Galaxy Star comes with 512MB and offers you a single 2MP back camera. As per storage it has 4GB internal storage. So no matter it is an entry level phone but still the new OS offers you rich applications. The second device Samsung Pocket Neo offers a 3 inch screen with 850Mhz processor and 512MB RAM. It is having the same 2MP back camera and the internal storage is 4GB.

Samsung Galaxy Star:

Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo:

The devices are launched and but their exact prices are still unknown. It looks the devices will take a bit more time to appear online. While both models offers you common connectivity panel. Recently Samsung has also released REX series mobile phone which also comes in the same budget category. It looks Samsung is working more on some budget phones that can beat the existing competition such as Nokia’s Asha series and some models from other manufacturers like Micromax and Karbonn. While the high end smartphone Galaxy S3 and S4 are ruling the top space in the market. Galaxy Y Duo was also another popular budget Android device sold in the market. Samsung looks to be working on dual side here. First on the high end smartphone and second on decent entry level smartphone at affordable price. Lets see what else customers will get in near Future.

Re: Samsung launches Two budget Jelly Bean Smartphones Galaxy Star and Pocket Neo

Thanks to Samsung, Micromax, Lava, and Nokia. Due to these budget smartphones we customers are getting number choices over other brands. Recently my friend bought a device of Micromax which was not so satisfying. Also there are of android budget devices just lies between Rs.4000 to Rs.12000. So if in this range Samsung is also having ample of models, then people have preference over other brands. As Samsung devices are more trusted and better compared to others. They are more optimized for performance.

Re: Samsung launches Two budget Jelly Bean Smartphones Galaxy Star and Pocket Neo

I am having Galaxy Y Dous. I am using this device from long time and till yet not faced any performance issue. It is a cool device that works nicely with several useful features I was looking for.

It was my first andriod phone. And I had seen my friends how had gone for Micromax or Karbonn had changed their devices. They were complaining a lot about battery. Samsung must move ahead and deliver more entry level brands for people.