Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Download and Install Ubuntu Phone Style Launcher on Android Smartphones

Download and Install Ubuntu Phone Style Launcher on Android Smartphones

If you love using Ubuntu, then here is an app that will help you to have the interface of Ubuntu on your Android based Smartphones. Its name is Glovebox. It not only adds the style but also give you the side bar of Ubuntu. It offers a great visual look on tablets compare to smartphone. So here I am going to provide you details on the launcher.

Earlier I was using SPB Shell which freezes a lot. It looks like the application needs more hardware to perform better. So I switched to Ubuntu Phone Style and it really works great. You must try the same. You can download the same from Google Play at this URL or simply search it on your smartphone in Play Store by typing Glovebox.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Download and Install Ubuntu Phone Style Launcher on Android Smartphones

The one good thing that I like about Android is that it has ample of things to test. It is not just limited to games or application but it is a kind of complete OS with lots of possibilities. Due to which it becomes one of the rocking OS on mobile, something even better than iOS. I used Touch Wiz from a long time. But as I got fed up and installed this Ubuntu Phone Style launcher. It adds a great UI on the device and makes things better. It works really nicely with lagging. Finally I got something new to experience.

Thanks for sharing the same.

I like its side bar thing. It really feels like you are using some portable edition of Ubuntu on your device. If Iím not wrong it is very similar to the thing we saw in Samsung Note 2, galaxy Grand and S4, right? The launcher has nice option to capture screen and some additional benefit also.

With a single glide you can find all the installed apps in the side bar. I was using a different side bar earlier this that appears from the top and was bit annoying. I removed that and added this one. I hope the developer can make something similar for debain or fedora also.

It is really cool. It is awesome with ample of great features. I thought it will be laggy on Gingerbread but is works fine. And I agree that the launcher works more better with tablet compare to a smarthpone due to larger space. It adds the default ubuntu wallpaper also. I am looking for more here. Is there anyone planning to bring Windows 8 interface of android devices. Especially for tablet pc. I am sure that will add more benefit of having different OS user interface.

There are huge number of launchers available on Google Play. Like Ubuntu Mod Launcher, Ubuntu Launcher and GO Ubuntu Unity. This modifies the icons and the theming to Ubuntu look. It is really nice and has proper output.

And there are some windows 8 themes as well available. But they do not look much realistic as you can see Ubuntu. One of them is Fake Windows 8 - Launcher. It just adds a metro UI on the screen. You can test that and see the output.