Thread: How to install Gingerbread DDKT3 2.3.6 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670

How to install Gingerbread DDKT3 2.3.6 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670

Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 has received a Gingerbread update recently. If you are still using an older version then you can run the new 2.3.6 update that offers more value and features to the device. The update is an official firmware for Galaxy FIT. So there is nothing to worry about the rooting stuff. In the older edition it is found that the device heats up very fast when it is used for long time. Also there was some issue with the UI. This new update will simply make the phone performing more stable and fix all the pending bugs.

Along with this it will also add several improvements to the performance. So it is easy to update or install it manually without losing the original OS. This is a simple way of adding the new updates that you can use it in future also. First you have to download the official Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3 Firmware package. Along with this you will need ODIN. I had separately provided both the links below which will offer you the direct download link.

Download the firmware package and keep it extracted somewhere on your desktop. In the same way download ODIN and install it. Later once files are downloaded and ODIN tool is installed follow the below process.

Installation Process :

• Shutdown Galaxy Fit and restart it in Recovery Mode. For that hold the volume down key + Home key and power key. Hold it for some seconds and leave it. The device will boot in recovery mode. Connect the phone with your pc and wait back.
    • Launch ODIN on your system. In that look under ID:COM section. The section will turn to yellow once the device is connected and detected.
    • Now click on OPS. It will ask you to browse the downloaded firmware package. Browse to GIO_1.0.ops. Once it is selected click on One Package and choose S5670DDKT3_S5670ODDKT2_S5670DDKT2_HOME.tar.md5.
    • Now click on Start. The update process has started and it will take few minutes to complete.
    • Once it is done, the device will reboot itself. Later on you can go in Settings and checkout the firmware version.

Here are the required download Links:

Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3 Firmware package
    ODIN Tool
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Re: How to install Gingerbread DDKT3 2.3.6 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670

I got that update on OTA and it is really helpful. It works quite nicely and has improved the phone performance. I too recommend installing this one in your galaxy Fit mobile because it offers more stability and better output. Some games before were not working well and were crashing. After performing the updates things went back to normal. All tose games are now working great. I just want to know what to do if somehow the update failed?

Re: How to install Gingerbread DDKT3 2.3.6 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I just want to know what to do if somehow the update failed?
    You have to redo the process back again from scratch. The update may fail due to various reasons like low battery, improper downloaded file, or through USB cable. It is recommended that you use the official usb cable only that comes with Samsung phone or else these kinds of issues are common. I had tried to do the same on my older Samsung mobile phone with a cable that came with other china phone and the update failed. There is no way to restore once your update is crash.