Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Google Nexus 5 Specifications, Release Date and Price

Google Nexus 5 Specifications, Release Date and Price

Hello friends, I need a small piece of information from you all regarding the upcoming new Nexus smartphone. I know it is in rumors from last couple of months but I dint fond a single page on web showing up its complete specifications. Does anyone of you guys have any idea about the Google’s next upcoming hit, Nexus 5?

Can you provide me it’s rough specification list along with its release date? Also a rough idea what will be its price in the local markets? I wanted to know this because i'm planning to but the newly launched Galaxy S4 but if Nexus 5 seems to be worth, i'll surely wait for it.

Thanks for all your helps so far.

Re: Google Nexus 5 Specifications, Release Date and Price

Well it is going to be really difficult to mention anything as of now about Nexus 5 because even Google has not provided or announced a single piece of information anywhere on their sites. But as far as i gathered information from other sources there were some leaked images and details few days earlier that claims that the next Nexus, i.e. Nexus 5 will feature the following:

• Display: 1080p Full HD Display
    • CPU: Tegra 4
    • RAM: 2GB of RAM
    • Camera: 13 Megapixel
    • Storage: 32gb/64 Built-in
    • Battery: 3000 mAH

And at the same time there is yet another source which says that Nexus 5 will be powered with the following configurations:

• Display: 5.2in Full HD OLED display
    • CPU: 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
    • RAM: 3GB of RAM
    • Camera: 16 Megapixel with optical image stabilization
    • Storage: 64GB of Built-in storage
    • Battery: 3300mAh

I will recommend you to not believe this info as there is no announcement of the Nexus 5 Specifications and other hardware configurations so far from Google officially.

I completely agree with you hacker. Even I read some articles about Nexus 5 and found that all of them have mentioned different specifications. None of them matches with each other. So it is confirmed that nobody is yet sure about what we are going to get with the next Google release.

The one I found says that Nexus 5 smartphone will be powered by Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU, 2GB of RAM with 5.0 Inch HD display. About camera they have mentioned that it will feature 12 Megapixel rear as well as 2 Megapixel front facing camera. As far as storage is concerned, they it will come with built-in 64GB storage and there will be no expandable memory slot. And according to them Nexus 5 will be running on 2,500 mAh battery with Android 5.0 which is probably going to be released in July or October 2013. And hence we can expect Nexus 5 at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    And according to them Nexus 5 will be running on 2,500 mAh battery with Android 5.0 which is probably going to be released in July or October 2013. And hence we can expect Nexus 5 at the same time.
    I'm not sure about the configurations of Nexus 5 but as far as its release date is concerned, i agree with you buddy because if you guys will see the History Google has always launched a big one every year in their Google I/O event which takes place in month of October, like they introduced Android 4.0 , Nexus 4, etc. So probably this time, in Google I/O 2013 we can expect both Nexus 5 and offcourse the next Android, Key Lime Pie Android 5.0.

As per its price, some leaked sources say that it will cost from $199 to $299 depending on its storage variants. Lets see what is the truth.

I found an article here which says that Google will start shipping from 14th November this year because the device is already up on a Japanese website.

Talking about price, today somebody by mistakenly updated the Nexus 5 on Google Play Store along with the price. It will be cost at $349. See this:

Google Nexus 5 appeared on Google Play for $349

Recently the Nexus 5 specifications got leaked by Canadian Wireless telecom Provider ahead than Google officially unveils the same. I guess this would be the final specification because WIND Mobile is one of the great service provider. According to them, Nexus 5 specifications are as follows:

• Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
    • 4.95-inch HD touch Screen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
    • 1920 × 1080 pixel resolution at 45 ppi pixel density
    • 8 Megapixel rear camera with OIS
    • 1.3 Megapixel front facing
    • 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
    • 2GB of RAM
    • Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ncNFC (Android Beam) / Bluetooth 4.0
    • 16GB or 32GB internal storage memory
    • microUSB, SlimPort enabled, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Dual microphones, Ceramic power and volume buttons