Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to remove Trojan Virus on Computer

How to remove Trojan Virus on Computer

Hello I have computer with windows XP operating system and recently I have found that mine system I have been infected with the Trojan virus and due to that I am not able to work on mine system. Now I just need to know how to Trojan Virus on Computer. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to remove Trojan Virus on Computer

Today, viruses are a nightmare for any internet user. Among them, the Trojans are called most often. It is named after the mythological Trojan horse, which seemed to be a gift to Troy but hidden inside a Greek army that attacked the city and dominoes. In computing, the Trojans refer to those programs that appear to be useful software but in fact endanger the security and can harm your computer. The Trojans spread when users open a program that they believe has a legitimate source but it is not.

Some signs that our computer is infected by a Trojan:

1 - That the computer restarts itself;
    2 - The system works very slowly;
    3 - The operating system will not start;
    4 - some files are gone;

General procedure for you to remove them from your computer.

1. Download and install an updated antivirus. There are many versions of antivirus available for "free". One can recommend AVG Anti-Virus , it does not take too much space and is easy to use
    2. Disconnect from the Internet whether you use an ADSL modem, a network card or plate wi fi.
    3. Open your browser and clear the cache and cookies. To delete cookies in Internet Explorer follow these steps: Tools > Internet Options > General tab choose "Delete Cookies". The PC asked if "you want to delete all cookies in the folder Temporary Internet Files?" Click OK.
    4. Restart the computer in "Safe Mode". For this, just see the Windows logo when booting, you press F8 and choose from the operating system options "Start Safe Mode"
    5. It is advisable that if you're running Windows 7 or Windows XP, disable System Restore or the "System Restore". Sometimes viruses can hide files in System Restore in which case we allow the restoration off the antivirus can effectively remove these files. Note that disabling the System Restore lost previous restore points, which means that you will not have the option to restore the system to an earlier date on which the system functioned normally.
    6. Make a full scan of the computer. This may take some time (depends on how much information you have on your computer so that the antivirus check). Be patient and give time to the program to do its job.
    7. After all viruses have been quarantined or removed restart the PC, connect to internet and run Windows Update to download those updates that are recommended for your team.

Some tips to keep viruses away from your computer:

1. Do not open attachments that come with email, unless you are absolutely sure you are not infected. Even acquaintances mails may contain viruses, so stay alert.
    2. Stay away from web sites of dubious content
    3. Be careful when downloading things using P2P file sharing programs (Peer to Peer). Always scan the files you downloaded before opening them.
    4. Maintains updated Microsoft Windows through Windows Update.
    5. Keep your antivirus updated and do regular scans.
    6. Install a firewall. The firewall is a security device that works across networks, allowing or denying the transmissions from one network to another.
    7. Do not install any software unless you know who is the manufacturer. When in doubt look for the program name in Google.
    8. Change Internet Explorer for some other more secure browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Re: How to remove Trojan Virus on Computer

If programs like ad-ware or Spy Sweeper p server in any case do not work, try deleting it manually, look for the spyware addresses and names of files that are infected go to the folder and delete it. Once you finished and after that make scan with your antivirus