Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Y Plus launched for Rs.7,000

Samsung Galaxy Y Plus launched for Rs.7,000

Samsung has released a new budget mobile phone for Rs.7000 named “Galaxy Y Plus”. Yeah, this is the upgraded version of most beloved Galaxy Y S5360 which was first budget Android phone running on Gingerbread from the manufacturer. The new Galaxy Y Plus offers you Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. That makes it a bit low on the OS and hardware also, but to some extent it is good for those who are looking for a good budget Android device. So if you are looking for budget android devices then you are having ample of choices under Samsung. The phone has 2MP camera and 2.8inch display.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Samsung Galaxy Y Plus launched for Rs.7,000

In terms of brand this is really a budget device. I was looking for an ICS device under Rs.8000. First I was planning to go for Micromax. But later I found this information and I went on the official site for more details. 2MP camera is quiet enough to some extent I think. I am unable to find out information on the processor and ram. That will help to get a more general idea that whether this phone is capable of giving a good gaming output or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jigarK View Post
    2MP camera is quiet enough to some extent I think. I am unable to find out information on the processor and ram. That will help to get a more general idea that whether this phone is capable of giving a good gaming output or not.
    The phone is a mid-range phone. I will not say that at a price of Rs.7K you might get a great device. It is having a 850Mhz processor only. It has 4 GB internal memory and other connectivity features like wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc with 1200 mAH battery. Its complete list of specifications is as follows:

• Display: 2.8-inch capacitive touch screen display
    • Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels Resolution
    • CPU: 850 MHz processor
    • RAM: 512MB MB RAM
    • Storage: 4GB Internal Memory, Expandable upto 32GB
    • Camera: 2 Megapixel Rear Camera , NO Front facing Camera
    • GPU:
    • Connectivity: 3G HSPA 7.2 Mbps, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, aGPS

If you go online you can find ample of models with better hardware. But you will not get a brand in that price range .You can go for regional brands that are offering more if you add a bit more amount here.

If you ready to pay Rs.10,000 then you go for Sony Xperia E. It is another great device with ICS on it. It offers you a better camera. It is a 3.2MP camera. It is a bit high end device with more performance output and also great in looks.

You can check a video of the same device to get more general idea on it. I am sure you will like the device. And there are ample of great devices under Rs.10,000. It is not necessary to go for Samsung only.

I can list you some price here that will help you to understand more about the device. One of them is HTC Desire C. It comes for Rs.10,000 which offers you 3.5MP camera and 600Mhz Scorpion Processor. Another one is Karbonn A21 that comes for Rs.8499 with 5MP camera. These are two good devices which I found that have ICS and are a bit reasonable also. But if you are willing to add more to your budget then you can get a far better device.

If you need a list of Smartphones available today under Rs 10,000 then better check this list: Android Smartphones in range of Rs 4000 to Rs 10000