Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Micromax Canvas 2 A110 receives Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Updates

Micromax Canvas 2 A110 receives Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Updates

Good news for the Canvas 2 users. Those who own Canvas 2 A110 mobile phone can now update JellyBean on their device. I think this is the first local company which is officially delivering updates and that too in form of Jelly Bean. While no other has even planned to release any update. It is great to have JellyBean 4.1.1 on Canvas 2 that adds more features and ample of new options. So if you had not yet updated just run an update check and install it. It is a hassle free OTA update.

Let me know if you guys need any help regarding the same.

Re: Micromax Canvas 2 A110 receives Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Updates

You are correct. Micromax would be the first manufacturer which is offering OTA updates of Canvas 2. While others like Karbonn or Lava are really not interested though they have released some real competitors for Canvas smartphones. There are ample of JellyBean devices in the market. But none of them are delivering any updates. New updates make the device more better in terms of performance and features and it also helps you to get rid of old problems. Does this new update is going to add any more applications in the system.

The new update will give more addition in the interface. The touch sensitivity here is enhanced with few new apps. But there is no big difference. Your device will have all old settings and applications. I am facing problem with performance here. My Canvas 2 is bit slowly.

This can be due to loaded applications in the phone which makes it poor in performance. I am looking for some better updates here and hope that this will improve a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    The new update will give more addition in the interface. The touch sensitivity here is enhanced with few new apps. But there is no big difference. Your device will have all old settings and applications. I am facing problem with performance here. My Canvas 2 is bit slowly.

This can be due to loaded applications in the phone which makes it poor in performance. I am looking for some better updates here and hope that this will improve a bit.
    There is nothing new in this. It just adds new wallpaper and some benefit to the performance that's all. There is nothing special.

Whatever new features are provided are on the basis of JB only. There are some tweaking options available. Once you perform the update the device will be formatted. Everything on the same will be cleared completely. So it is necessary that you take backup before running the update or else there will be problem.

You can do that manually also. There is no need to go for the online one. You can collect the update download from official site or from any other site and run it. I had seen that. You will need to login to get the updates. I was really expecting a great output from the same. But it is a regular update. I had checked the features of Jellybean 4.1.1. The latest update which is available is Jellybean 4.2. I am expecting this one from Micromax and yet they are not giving any information on it.

Hey i guys, i need a bit help from you all. Are you guys sure that Micromax has already roled out this JB update for all Canvas 2 devices? If yes, i'm too using this phone but haven't received it yet? I checked more than 4 times for the update since yesterday but dint received any. Is there any problem?

Please help.

There is nothing to worry about that buddy. There might some problem from Micromax's server end or they might be rolling out this update in phases which may take some time to reach your device/region. But still if you want to install this Update manually, you can do the same also. Just visit this XDA Page, download the update and flash tool. Go through the process they have mentioned and you will be done.

Thank you very much. That was really helpful. I have downloaded those files and will soon go through the process. I'll let you know the results.