Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Google’s new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update

Google’s new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update

Somewhere I read an Article saying Google is ready about to launch a new Android update called as “Key Lime Pie”. This new update version is Android 5.0. They has also written that there are ample of new features on the same that offers completely new interface and much better performance. I tried searching for the same but dint found this update anywhere so I think it is not yet finalized.

But I am looking for an unofficial rom that can atleast provide me to test the same. As per some articles the new update is going to be listed for only few high end devices. Is that True. So I wanted to know what exactly it is. I mean, is it an Update like we recently received in form of Android 4.2 JellyBean or is it a next big thing going to launch by Google in future? I hope this will work on older devices also.

Re: Google’s new Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update

It is not just an update but a complete new edition of Android OS. This time Google looks to be working hard on the new interface and adding more additional benefit to the OS. There is no information available on the leaked feature list but there are chances of getting something new on the same. The new OS will offer better app support this time. I am expecting great battery performance in this new Android operating system. There are chances of getting the compatibility on gingerbread devices also.

It looks like a rumor to me. I had seen on number of different website which does not say anything about the update. It shows nothing about the final release. But somehow it is will be great. I hope you are right on the compatibility.

If it is possible to install the same on Gingerbread devices also, there will be great help for installing newest games and apps. What I found that the new version will have lot of bug fixes. The flaws and problems of JB and ICS will be fixed with added Google Services.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayam View Post
    There are chances of getting the compatibility on gingerbread devices also.
    This new version is going to be expected on Nexus or on any future model of Galaxy. I am not really sure that the update will be finally available on devices which have Gingerbread. It is a much older platform. The devices has not yet received any updated for ICS so how can expect the same for Lime Pie. Andriodx86 is a website that offers a download of PC edition. But they are not giving any information on the new update. The last edition that I saw was ICS 4.0.

There is still lot of time on its release. You have to wait back. It is not even officially announced and there are rumors on web about its features. These are just assumption. Google has not leaked any information related to 5.0 version. Even they had not announced anything related to 4.3 updates. But you can expect better changes in the interface. Output will be improved that is obvious, but what matters is performance and better app support. Restart is a common issue on tablets.