Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install XXKTT Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update on Galaxy GIO S5660

How to install XXKTT Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update on Galaxy GIO S5660

Galaxy GIO S5660 had just received XXKTT firmware update which includes Gingerbread 2.3.6. It is great for enhancing the performance of mobile device with added stability. If you had missed the update then I am going to show you the way through which you can have the same on your device. You will need to download the update from below download link first. Another important thing you will need to download is Odin Pack for S5660.

The update process is manual. So ensure that the phone has maximum battery left. It is not complicated to run the same. You just have to take backup of your phone data. Once the update is performed everything will be wiped you. You can use different application available on web that will allow you to take the backup of contacts and other internal files. Once you done with the file download lets move ahead with the process.

Download links:

Process to Update:

• Install ODIN in your system first.
    • Launch ODIN.
    • Connect the phone to pc and restart in download mode. You can do that by pressing volume up + Home + power key.
    • Once the phone starts in download mode go in ODIN and check the ID:Com section. When it turns yellow the then phone is connected. If not then you will have to download the latest drivers for the device.
    • Now click on OPS in ODIN and browse GIO_v1.0.iops. Again click on One Package and browse the tar.md5 file extracted from the download firmware package. Click on start and wait back for some time.

The firmware update will take few minutes and if everything goes well the phone will restart itself and it will be updated to Gingerbread 2.3.6.

Re: How to install XXKTT Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update on Galaxy GIO S5660

Thanks for the information.. I am not having internet on my device due to which I missed the update. I thought it will be complicated to find the update package from the web. But it is available here, thanks for that again. I found that the same can be also done through usb debugging mode. The last update I had done through that and it went well. I am unsure about download mode here. What if the phone fails to start? Is there a way to restore the settings?

Re: How to install XXKTT Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update on Galaxy GIO S5660

You do not need to worry about that. If the phone fails to start you have to perform the procedure again from scratch. And there is really on risk in performing the update.

You are not rooting your device. You are just updating the new android OS. It is not complicated at all. You just have to take care that your device must remain connected to your pc. Keep it fully charge and then test it back again. In case of issue just run the full update back.