Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Datawind launches new Aakash Ubislate 7C Plus Tabet for Rs.5,999

Datawind launches new Aakash Ubislate 7C Plus Tabet for Rs.5,999

Datawind again launched a new edition of Aakash tablet for just Rs.5,999. The tablet is better compared to its older editions. It is called as UbiSlate 7C+ Edge. It might not great in hardware, but offers you all those stuff that is required for study purpose. The tablet has a 1 GHz processor with 512MB of RAM. It is running on Android 4.0.3 ICS. It also has a home browser called as Ubisurfer. Datawind looks to be working more to fix the bugs in older tablets. And this can be a good choice under low cost tablet. Have a look:

Re: Datawind launches new Aakash Ubislate 7C Plus Tabet for Rs.5,999

Apart from Aakash there are tons of manufacturers appeared in the market. They are selling many tablets below Rs.5,000 with ample of things that are not available in this Aakash tab. The thing that most matter here is a great touch and good battery output. Tablets like Aakash are not meant for gaming.

They are designed with education purpose where children can learn and enjoy. To some point the price is high according to me in terms of low budget tablet. They must reduce or put the amount below Rs.4,000.

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    They are designed with education purpose where children can learn and enjoy. To some point the price is high according to me in terms of low budget tablet. They must reduce or put the amount below Rs.4,000.
    That might be not possible. It is right that in terms of low cost budget tablet, Aakash price is costly. But the device is improved. Due to enhanced features and a better hardware support, it looks kids will be enjoying it more. I had seen some tablets by different manufactures sold between Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 with sim slot also. And they are far better compared to Aakash. It is essential that our government should work more on giving the best budget tablets in the market.

The tablet needs a lot of improvement. I am having a Micromax 7inch tablet that works really well and is enough good for studies also. So Datawind must work on something similar. Instead of adding more hardware or the new OS, the company must provide a tablet which features more performance and educational output. Because is Aakash is the first cheapest Indian tablet. It might get a fierce competition in the market from other manufacturers also.

I too agree with you guys as I had seen Aakash. An older edition. It is a very poor tablet. The touch interface is quiet bad and it is just recommended for reading. You cannot expect much from it.

The output is very poor due to low hardware. I was not expecting that Aakash 2 will be so costly. So to some extent this can be a bit waste of money if the performance output on the same is poor. I am waiting for some video review on the same that can offer me a more general idea on its output.