Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install XXEMB5 Update on Samsung Galaxy S3

How to install XXEMB5 Update on Samsung Galaxy S3

You can now install the latest Andorid OS Jellybean 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300. The update is officially announced for this model and many had already received it through OTA. But if you had missed that then you can install it manually also. It is for those who are not having an internet connection on their mobile device. Manual update installation is also possible here.

The update can be only applied through ODIN. It is available for free to download here. Download and install it on your system. Second thing download and install the Firwmare file from here and extract it on your desktop.

Follow the below process to apply this update:

• First you have to put the phone in download mode. Turn off your mobile phone. And then hold Volume Down + Home + Power key. The phone will boot with black android menu with some selective options only. This is download mode. You can also run the update by enabling USB Debugging from Settings > Developers Options > USB Debugging.

• Once your phone is ready connect it to our pc. It is necessary that you use the original USB cable only that you receive with Samsung device. Connect the phone and launch ODIN.

• The second ID:COM will turn yellow once the phone is detected. You can wait for some time. Because the driver installation can take some time on first time connectivity.

• Look for PDA. Click on it and then browse to the folder where you had kept the firmware file. Click on KIES_HOME_I9300XXEMB5_I9300OXAEMB5_996085_REV00_us er_low_ship.tar.md5. Choose the file and then the update process will start.

Leave the phone aside. Once the update is finally over the phone will restart.

Re: How to install XXEMB5 Update on Samsung Galaxy S3

The device freezes on USB Debugging mode. I had tried with that using ODIN. Later on I removed the battery and restarted the device in Download mode. It worked. The update was applied. It is great to find jellybean on my Galaxy Grand. It works quite nicely. The performance is also improved to some extent.

Thanks by the way for sharing this procedure.