Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Heating issue with Sony Xperia Z

Heating issue with Sony Xperia Z

Is it true that Sony Xperia Z heats up while usage? I had seen many of my friends facing that problem. One of them has purchased a new Xperia Z mobile phone. While playing games or surfing internet after around 30mins the mobile heats up from below. You can feel that near the camera. The same issue also appears when I was recording a long video. The same issue I had noticed on LG Optimus Z and in some tablets. What can be problem? Is there any permanent solution for the same?

Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Heating issue with Sony Xperia Z

It can be due to the processor. Sony Xperia Z has a Snapdragon S4 processor. It is being commonly found in devices which have this or any other cpu heats up after long usage. I am having a Galaxy Tab. And the same thing is common. It gets heat up at the backside. Many professional says that it is due to the processing power utilized. It is very similar like windows application on our computer. But compare to mobile we have a big fan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by optical View Post
    It can be due to the processor. Sony Xperia Z has a Snapdragon S4 processor. It is being commonly found in devices which have this or any other cpu heats up after long usage. I am having a Galaxy Tab. And the same thing is common. It gets heat up at the backside. Many professional says that it is due to the processing power utilized. It is very similar like windows application on our computer. But compare to mobile we have a big fan on it.
    Yeah, you are correct. On desktop or laptop we are having a fan on the processor. That draws out the heat. But in mobile devices there is no space for heat dissipation. It entirely depends on the outer body or on the room temperature. There is no clear space available from where heat can be drawn out. For some time it can warm up. So it is better to keep the device aside for cooling and then use it back.

It can be a bug also. Devices like Sony Xperia Z are not cheap. The manufacturer is using top level hardware to give maximum performance and output. If the phone it heating up then there can be some problem with the device.

Carry it to the service center and ask for replacement. I had also noticed heating issue on cheap tablets and mobile phones. But on device like Sony Xperia Z this must be avoided. Because you are obviously paying high for it.

zeddo

It is an issue with the device. You can find ample of question on that on the official forum of Sony. The device heats up while using the camera. It is the flaw in the design itself. But it does not heat up very high. It is tolerable. You can keep the device aside for some time and use it back. These devices are designed to tolerate a bit amount of heat. You do not need to worry about the output.