Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install XXAMC8 JellyBean Update on Galaxy Grand

How to install XXAMC8 JellyBean Update on Galaxy Grand

Samsung Galaxy Grand has received official update of JellyBean 4.1.2 recently which brings up several important and critical enhancements to the device. If you had missed the OTA update, Donít worry, here is another chance to get the same.

The new update offers better performance and some additional features. It will improve the phone output and remove old bugs also. You can download the update link from here. Once you had downloaded it, extract the files somewhere on the desktop. You will need to use ODIN to install the update. That will make your job much easier. You can download ODIN from here.

Before we start the process make sure to backup all important stuffs from your phone like Contacts, messages, Logs and other data for safer side. Once done you can proceed to the update process. There is a way to install the update directly from memory card also. Lets move ahead with the update process.

Step 1 : Copy the downloaded update in the memory card of Samsung Galaxy Grand.

Step 2 : Turn off your phone. Then hold Volume Down + Home + Power Key for some seconds until you see the Samsung Logo. The phone will reboot in download mode.

Step 3 : Choose install from SD card and select the update. The process will take some time and update will be installed. [/li]

The process will take several minutes depending on the amount of applications installed on your mobile phone. So do not switch of the phone. Keep it connected to a charger if required. The same can be done through ODIN also. Once the process is completed your phone will reboot itself. Thatís it.

Re: How to install XXAMC8 JellyBean Update on Galaxy Grand

I had installed this update. I got a popup on my screen about the new firmware. There is nothing special in it. As far as I noticed this update just brings few bug fixes and offers more performance and stability. Thatís all. It is not a major update. But still it is recommended to install every update so that phone remains patched.

I tried doing the same through ODIN. But that did not work. I think ODIN is only for installing the full OS or rooting a mobile device. It is not so great for adding updates in the mobile device. I browsed the file and clicked on start to apply the patch. But when I checked the mobile firmware it was still the old one.

Any help please?

There is nothing to worry about the same buddy...its normal. It happens several times when user try to root or install any firmware, sometimes it gets failed.

So what you need to do is repeat the process from beginning and it will be done.