Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Google Nexus 7 now officially available on Google Play India at Rs 15,999

Google Nexus 7 now officially available on Google Play India at Rs 15,999

Google is selling Smartphones and Tablets on their Google Play store since long time but only in US and few other countries. Now they have also started selling the same on Google Play India as well. Nexus 7 is the first hardware to be sold on Google Play in India. So it is good news for us that Nexus 7 tablet which was launched last year in US is now officially available in India also. Google has updated the same on their store at the price of Rs. 15,999/- You can get the deal here.

As of now Google is just taking the pre-order booking for the same and they will start shipping the tablet from April 5th, 2013. One more thing to notice here is that only 16GB variant of Nexus 7 is on sale. According to them, Nexus 7 (8 GB) is no longer available. For those who need some high lights of the device, Nexus 7 is the lightest 7” tablet on the market today, but boasts all the premium features you need on the go, including a compact but crystal clear HD display, 1.2 megapixel camera, and both WiFi and bluetooth connectivity.

Nexus 7 Specifications:

• Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
    • 7-Inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
    • 800 x 1280 pixels resolution
    • Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 Processor with Nvidia Tegra 3
    • 1GB of RAM
    • ULP GeForce
    • 1.2 Megapixel camera
    • 16/32 GB built-in storage, expandable upto 32GB
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, NFC, microUSB v2.0

Re: Google Nexus 7 now officially available on Google Play India at Rs 15,999

Though Google now started selling Nexus 7 officially on Google Play at the cost of Rs.15,999/- but there will be shipping cost additional on the same. It is the price on which the device is sold. If you check on Google Play and add the same in your shopping cart there will be a bit of shipping charge also.

Compare to that I found Galaxy Tab 2 far cheaper. I was expecting this below Rs.14,000/- But still Galaxy Tab remains my favorite compare to the Nexus in terms of features and availability.

[quote author=mankind link=topic=2578.msg5745#msg5745 date=1364577095]
    Though Google now started selling Nexus 7 officially on Google Play at the cost of Rs.15,999/- but there will be shipping cost additional on the same. It is the price on which the device is sold. If you check on Google Play and add the same in your shopping cart there will be a bit of shipping charge also. [/quote]

Whatever shipped from outside India surely carry a shipping cost. That would increase the cost. I think Nexus 7 will easily touch more than Rs.16,500 when you order it. It is offering 16GB storage with JellyBean. And you are correct to some extent that Galaxy Tab is much cheaper and has similar features. Also there is no shipping cost on it because it is manufacture in India itself. The price is really high still compare to what we are getting in local market.

You guys are missing the most important thing. Nexus 7 does not has a Sim slot. And I was just checking it on some other shopping site. On Google Play it is sold for Rs.15,999 but the same tablet on other shopping website is sold for Rs.17,599. The price just jumped to more than Rs.2000. That is due to the import duties and shipping.

If it is directly sold in India then the cost would be somewhat near to Galaxy Tab. I will also choose Galaxy only in place of Nexus. And unlike prices of other devices fall so quickly, this does not look like changing.

All imported gadgets are costly. iPhone and iPad are the biggest example here. But compare to Nexus 7 I will simply add more and buy iPad Mini. I think that will be a better option for valid investment. I had counted the stuff here. I can put a bit more amount and get a iPad I think. It looks like these manufacturers will never release a budget price in India. While the same for US is far more cheaper if you buy directly. This duty raises the prices to more than 30% that makes it impossible to buy.

I own a Galaxy Tab and still happy with the same. Nexus 7 is unique due to its design and hardware. It can be great for ebooks and mailing. I had seen a online review and compare to that in our local market Galaxy tab performs better. It is thin with sim slot and with good battery power.

But as we can see there are ample of tablets in the market sold by many. We are having tons of alternatives instead of going for important products only. Like Micromax or iBall. Surely in future we will find better stuff.