Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to install XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update on Galaxy S3 GT I9300

How to install XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update on Galaxy S3 GT I9300

Galaxy S3 GT I9300 has received official JellyBean update. You can now add Jellybean here and enjoy a much better interface. It works great and delivers nice output. It works fine and there is no performance issue also. This is an official update so there is no need to root the phone. You can simply run the update over existing installation using ODIN. After update you will get a clearer camera quality, better overheating and apps works properly. Crashing is reduced. So this update not only fixes the bugs but also offer much more stability to your device.

The process is quiet simple here. Before doing anything download ODIN on your system and install it. You can download ODIN from our Download Center. You also need to download the firmware package from this link. Apart from these, there are some requirements that you need to go through before starting the process.

• Install ODIN on your windows system.

• Extra the downloaded firmware package on your desktop.

• Make sure the phone’s battery is atleast 60% charged. It should not get turned off during the process or your device may get bricked.

• Backup your phone and data for safer side.

Procedure to update:

• Put your phone in download mode by holding Home Key + Volume Key + Power. The phone will boot in download mode.

• Connect the phone to your PC and launch ODIN. Check the ID: COM section. It will turn Yellow.

• Now click on PDA and choose the folder package. Click on Start and wait for some time until the process is completed.

• Once done with the update go in Settings > About and verify the version.

Re: How to install XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update on Galaxy S3 GT I9300

I was looking for the procedure to update. Thanks for posting the same. I had performed the same thing by using USB debugging mode. But that does not really worked well. Later on I performed the update back from scratch by putting the device in download mode and it worked fine. The update works cool on the device.