Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Sony Xperia Z Bug, phone turns off automatically

Sony Xperia Z Bug, phone turns off automatically

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all. I own a Sony Xperia Z smartphone, bought recently for 35,500 from an online shop. Its been just over a week and started facing a problem with the same. After receiving the phone I did all required settings and configurations, installed about 70 apps + games from Google Play. After that my phones worked great for next 2 days but suddenly day before yesterday, It turned off automatically when phone was kept ideal in front of my on desk.

First I dint understood what happened and it was not at all turning up again. I tried several times, removed it battery, sim card and placed it back but yet it was not turning on. Then i thought hard resting the device may help me somehow, like I have done with many other Android devices in past. I did the same, I pressed and hold Power + Volume Up keys for about 15 seconds and fortunately the device Turned up. But this time it was completely new, I mean everything was wiped out and ofcourse it should be as I performed hard reset.

So again I did settings and installed my apps but today morning again it got turned off. Damn. Donít know whats happening with my brand new device. I have called up the retailer and he said Iíll need to take the phone to Service Center as the device is in warranty but Iíll need to find out service center in my area. Thatís secondary, first I want to know if it is just me or anyone else faced this problem with Xperia Z?

Any idea why is it getting turning Off? Or I can say why is it dying itself again and again? Is there any permanent fix for the same? Please help.

Re: Sony Xperia Z Bug, phone turns off automatically

Hello Mr.Jason, I can understand your problem but you donít need to worry regarding the same at all. It is not just you or not just your new Xperia Z. It is a very well know BUG of Xepria Z and Sony itself is aware of the same. Under this some kind of technical bug, several Xperia Z units are getting shut down itself and they wont wake up ever unless and until the user do exactly the same what you did. Yes, as of now only the hard reset is the solution for this bug. Lets hope for the best, Sony should provide some solution for this as soon as possible or it can break their market.

You are almost correct TD Tech. Several users around the world has reported this problem on web saying the phone gets turned off and the only way to bring it up again is by hard resetting the device. But what you missed above is Sony is well aware of this problem and has already started working on the same.

According to one post by sony support guy on sony’s forum, they have said that the solution for this bug will be released soon in the next Firmware Update of Xperia Z. So you will need to wait for few more weeks to get the permanent solution for this bug.

So Mr.Jason, the problem is not because of installing so many apps from the Google Play store. Xperia is a quite powerful to run triple of that apps and games. It is because of some internal technical issues and will be fixed soon. Just make sure you update the phone as soon as Sony reveals the update.

Regards.

Thank you very much for the helps guys. That really brings me relief after reading that the problem is not just with my device. I was thinking that my device itself is faulty and i lost 35K rupees. :

I request you guys to please update me when Xperia Z is gets this update with solution. Help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTron View Post
    So Mr.Jason, the problem is not because of installing so many apps from the Google Play store. Xperia is a quite powerful to run triple of that apps and games. It is because of some internal technical issues and will be fixed soon. Just make sure you update the phone as soon as Sony reveals the update.
    I completely agree with you MegaTron. With specifications such as 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm APQ 8064 processor, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU 13MP camera and more, Xperia Z of course sounds very powerful to handle huge number of apps and games without any problem. It is just a built-in BUG from the manufacturers and they themselves will fix it. Hope they release this update as soon as possible before their markets gets broken with Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jason View Post
    I request you guys to please update me when Xperia Z is gets this update with solution. Help appreciated.
    Hello Mr.Jason, heres the update to get rid of Xperia Z shutdown problem.

Sony has finally rolled out the update for Sony Xperia Z which fixes the problem of phone getting shutdown automatically and wont start again unless it is hard reset. You can get the update through OTA update or you can simply update it through Sony Ericsson PC Companion on your PC. Just install this PC suite, connect your phone and click on check updates. Once found, install the same. before doing this process make sure you device's battery is atleast charged 50%.

Enjoy.

Thanks for updating regarding this Update MegaTron but are you sure it is available in India also? I'm too using Xperia Z and suffering with its crashing problem. I read your post few days ago and since then i use to check for the update daily but until now there is no any firmware update on my phone.

Is there anything wrong with my device or any requirement for that update? Please help.

Dont worry buddy. Its true that Sony has started rolling out the update with Crash fix but as it is rolling out in phases, it may take some time to reach your region and device. So you will need to wait.

However there is yet another way to get this fix on your phone by downloading the firmware update manually. Check this Article on XDA Forums. They have provided the firmware for download in two parts. Download them both, extract on your PC. And Flash the phone with Flashtool.