Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Resident Evil 6 Save Game Location

Resident Evil 6 Save Game Location

So finally we got Resident Evil 6 for PCs as well after 6 months of its launch on Xbox and PS3 consoles. I have purchased and downloaded its copy on my PC, installed without any problem. I played it for couple of hours but dint found any way to save the game. Yeah, Iím sure I completed few check points as well but I dint found any option to save the game. Any idea why? Is it same like its earlier installments where the game use to save automatically?

If it is so, I would like to know where the Resident Evil 6 does save its data on my PC? I need to backup them for my safer side because I really had several problems in Resident Evil 5 as I needed to strta the chapter again from beginning if I quit it in between.

Please let me know the Save Game location of Resident Evil 6 on PC. Thanks in advance.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Resident Evil 6 Save Game Location

Hello RE-6, as i can this your first post, let me first Welcome you to TechDiscussion.

I haven't received my copy of Resident Evil 6 yet, have ordered it already. I thought to download it but as you know the game is over 15GB download size, it will take ages on my bandwidth speed hence i found better to order a DVD. Hence i cannot be sure about its save game location but as far as i have experience with Resident Evil series, i think you will find it in the following location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Capcom\resident evil 6\
    To reach the location make sure you have Windows explorer set to 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' as AppDate is a hidden folder, OR you can type manually until C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ in the windows explorer location bar to reach the location.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Capcom\resident evil 6\
    To reach the location make sure you have Windows explorer set to 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' as AppDate is a hidden folder, OR you can type manually until C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ in the windows explorer location bar to reach the location.
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome and the helps Neo, i really appreciate that.

I'll look that location you dint told me anything about its Save System? Is it like earlier installments of Resident Evil series, like auto save or something?

Thanks again.

Yes, the Save system in Resident Evil 6 is very similar to the 4th installment of this series. It will save the game as soon as you reach the checkpoints. If you will ask in details, then in the first chapter the first Save occurs when you enter the underground. It is about after 30 minutes of gameplay. After this you will get around 5 checkpoints in the next 145 minutes of game play which is just after leaving the train station. similar after petrol station and at the end of chapters. In total there are about 15 checkpoints in the first chapter and about 17 checkpoints in Second chapter. In 2nd chapter you will get the first checkpoint after 8 minutes of gameplay.

Thanks for the info buddy. Thats all i wanted to know.

Can anybody please provide me your Save Game file for Resident Evil 6 PC versions?