Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 Specification, Price and Release Date

Samsung Galaxy S4 Specification, Price and Release Date

Finally on March 14th Samsung has rocked the world again with it’s yet another revolutionary smartphone “Galaxy S IV” under their Galaxy Series. There is not much difference compared to GS3 but Galaxy S4 has larger 4.99-Inch Super AMOLED display offering 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. It is also very thin and sleek compared to GS3. Company will start shipping this smartphone in 3 different variants as per storage. That is 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. Also there is MicroSD Card expansion slot.

We all know the device is running with latest Android system, 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. As per configuration, as of now Samsung Galaxy S4 is launched with 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor powered by Exynos 5 Octa chipset. However there will be one more variant launched later for some countries which will come with 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor with latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset. Few selected countries will get this variant. However the device is too good with 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor and PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU. Both variants of Galaxy S4 is powered by 2GB of RAM.

Apart from these, Galaxy S4 has 13 Megapixel rear camera for capturing your favorite moments in Pictures of Video in Full HD quality. There are several important features embedded with the camera such as face detection, touch focus, image stabilization, Dual Shot, Cinema Photo facilities. Along with rear camera, users also get 2 Megapixel Front Facing camera for making video calls in HD faulty. Galaxy S4 also sounds very strong in Connectivity options such as Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB, GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC, Infrared port.

Samsung Galaxy S4 has some unique new features which we had never seen ever before. You can check all those features here.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Specification, Price and Release Date

Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications:

• Display: 4.99-inch Super AMOLED HD capacitive touchscreen
    • Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
    • CPU: 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor / 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor
    • RAM: 2GB RAM
    • Storage: 16/32/64 GB built-In, Expandable slot available
    • Camera: 13 Megapixel Rear Camera, 2MP Front facing Camera
    • GPU: PowerVR SGX 544MP3 chip
    • Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB, GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC, Infrared port

Price: Starts with Rs 45,000/- (16GB Variant)

Release Date: Galaxy S4 will start shipping on April 26th, 2013. Pre-booking started.

It looks like Samsung is stressing now a days to make much more powerful devices compared to others. If we see galaxy S4 It has enhanced features and great hardware support. I had also heard that there are ample of new smart features in Galaxy S4 which makes the device more unique and value for money product. The camera is also great. I had seen some videos on Youtube about the camera output of Galaxy S4 which was awesome. I love this phone.

I made a huge mistake. In hurry I purchased Xperia Z, I think I must have given more time in choosing the mobile device. No doubt Xperia Z is also a great device but I should have waited and gone with S4. I had compared the features of Xperia Z with Galaxy S4, where I found S4 better. But in terms of durability S4 lies nowhere while you can play safer with Xperia Z. My cousin recently dropped his S3 device in water and the phone is completely dead. Does S4 will have durable design also?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I made a huge mistake. In hurry I purchased Xperia Z, I think I must have given more time in choosing the mobile device. No doubt Xperia Z is also a great device but I should have waited and gone with S4. I had compared the features of Xperia Z with Galaxy S4, where I found S4 better. But in terms of durability S4 lies nowhere while you can play safer with Xperia Z. My cousin recently dropped his S3 device in water and the phone is completely dead. Does S4 will have durable design also?
    Not really. IT is a nice phone but you have to handle it with care. Samsung emphasis more on customer generic features where an end user can enjoy with devices. Great functionality, best touch, and smart features make the device more unique and obviously the best competitor to iPhone. There are high expectations on these devices.

Hey guys, here's a good news for Samsung Galaxy fans.

Finally Samsung galaxy S4 has reached to India. Today in a launch event Samsung is going to unveil S4 for the first in India and from tomorrow, they will start shipping the device. TO get more information about the Pre-Order from Official Samsung store, check this.