Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to play AVI files on iPad 2

How to play AVI files on iPad 2

Hi, i recently got gifted an iPad 2. Its a great device with great looks, great features and great touch. The only problem am facing his i cannot play Avi files on it.

I usually downloads movies, music videos etcc from web that use to be in AVI files. Am not so tech, hence i dont have any idea about this.

Request you guys to please help me out in this.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to play AVI files on iPad 2

Well, the reason why your iPad (or iPad 2) is not able to play AVI files is because these files use Divx/Xvid as a codec, and that is not supported by iPad. You need an external application for the same. What you can do is , launch AppStore, search for app called as AirVideo. Download/install it on your iPad and you are done. Launch it, browse AVI files and enjoy the movies/music on your iPad. :P

Quote Originally Posted by The User View Post
    Well, the reason why your iPad (or iPad 2) is not able to play AVI files is because these files use Divx/Xvid as a codec, and that is not supported by iPad. You need an external application for the same. What you can do is , launch AppStore, search for app called as AirVideo. Download/install it on your iPad and you are done. Launch it, browse AVI files and enjoy the movies/music on your iPad. :P
    Thats great info friend. Thanks for sharing it. What i need to do to play AVI on my iPad (not iPad 2) is, i download Daniusoft Video Converter for my PC. I convert Avi files to my iPad compatible format with the help of the same and play easily on my iPad. This software also allows us to rotate, crop, add video effects to our original file if you want. Though it is paid, but its worth.

Before reading this thread, i tried Faasoft Video Converter and workds well. Now i'll give Daniusoft Video Converter a try to see which one is better.