Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3 comparison

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3

LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Just for a general knowledge i would like to know few comparison between Well known Galaxy S III and the recently launched one "LG Optimus G". Though both devices seems very similar as per their Screens, Price etc, i wanted to one of them is worth buying at this moment and it should be capable to run high end games as well. In short i would like to have everything we expect from an smartphone at such high cost.

So please provide some suggestions, and it will be very helpful you can provide me a comparison chart for Galaxy S3 and Optimus G.

Thanks.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: LG Optimus G vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Both devices are good at their own places. But personally I prefer Samsung because of its durable products and services. Samsung has proved the same in last couple of years with several outstanding smartphones and tablets. Even they have beaten Apple in their rising sales. On the other hand, LG has also proved they can make outstanding devices with their Optimus series. But if we compare these two devices, i.e. Optimus G and Galaxy S3, I must say that LG has created a very awesome device.

I mean, 1.5GHz CPU and 2GB RAM is quite enough for a smartphone and it is quite higher then Galaxy S3. Just check the complete specification of Optimus G:

LG Optimus G Specifications

• Display: 4.7-inch IPS TouchScreen display
    • Resolution: 1280 X 768 Pixels
    • CPU: 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Krait processor
    • RAM: 2GB RAM
    • Storage: 32 GB Internal Memory, Not Expandable
    • Camera: 13 Megapixel Camera
    • GPU: Adreno 320
    • Connectivity: 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA and Bluetooth 4.0

As per the price, today it is not costlier than Galaxy SIII. Optimus is launched at the price of Rs 30K and GS3 is also available at the same price then why shouldn’t we go with the better configuration.

Hello Haashim, Here is the complete list of comparison between both these devices:

OS
    Galaxy S3: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    Optimus G: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

Display
    Galaxy S3: 4.8 Inch with 1280 X 720 pixel resolution
    Optimus G: 4.7 Inch with 1280 X 768 pixel resolution

CPU
    Galaxy S3: 1.4GHz Quad-core Processor
    Optimus G: 1.5GHz Quad-core Processor

RAM
    Galaxy S3: 1GB
    Optimus G: 2GB

Storage
    Galaxy S3: 16GB Built-In, expandable upto 64GB
    Optimus G: 32GB Built-In, Not expandable

Camera
    Galaxy S3: 8 Megapixel
    Optimus G: 13 Megapixel

GPU
    Galaxy S3: Mali-400MP
    Optimus G: Adreno 320

Thank you very much for the help Dr. Technical. That was very well comparison. Appreciated

So according to both of you guys, LG Optimus G is better as of now compared to GS3, right? Even I was thinking.

Anyways, you guys were very helpful. Thanks again.

Thank you, Dr Technical - that is a very comprehensive side by side comparison of LG Optimus G versus Samsung S3. Considering this, I think that the LG Optimus G is clearly the winner - though this may surprise most users. I think that Samsung has just done a much better job at publicity, meaning better sales despite the fact that better, or comparable mobile devices exist.

I just posted about a Facebook contest in another thread - on the LG India official Facebook page. Users that participate in that contest can win a free LG Optimus G smartphone! And I think a free Optimus G is a lot better than any other phone!

Quote Originally Posted by gosam View Post
    Thank you, Dr Technical - that is a very comprehensive side by side comparison of LG Optimus G versus Samsung S3. Considering this, I think that the LG Optimus G is clearly the winner - though this may surprise most users. I think that Samsung has just done a much better job at publicity, meaning better sales despite the fact that better, or comparable mobile devices exist.
    I too agree with you on this buddy.